So I upgraded to the new iPad....question 4 U

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 2macORnot2mac, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

First of all, the screen is amazing. I've had the 1 and the 2. The screen looks bigger because it's so sharp. I know...
    So I have the iphone4, and for over a year I have had no screen protection, and don't have any scratches. I am careful. Thinking about going without a screen protector on the new iPad, unless the glare becomes annoying. How scratch resistant is the screen? I worried a screen protector will diminish the quality of the screen.
    Also, when I restored the new iPad from backup of my ipad2, the available storage changed. My iPad2 showed I had 12GB available, and my ipad3 after loaded up showed 16GB available. The thing that changed was the "other", that is shown in iTunes. Does anyone know what the "other" is, and how to delete it?

2. -TYLER macrumors regular

I have a anti glare on my iPad 2 and it looks great and really helps, but I heard most of the anti glares make the iPad 3 really pixelated. You should probably just go with a clear screen protector to protect it from scratches in case something were to happen.

From reviews I have seen this is one of the best anti glares for the new iPad http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-3/hd-anti-glare-film.html

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

I have a zagg HD on mine

It feels like glass , u cant even tell its on there

Yea you never gotten a scratch but if you do, your going to be fixated on that thing , i know it would drive me crazy. & i would be kicking myself for not getting a screen protector

So if the screen protector doesn't take away from the retina quality , why not get one ?

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

As long as you keep good grooming habits (cutting your nails) I can't see a reason why the device would get scratched.

Unlike a PMP (portable media device) or phone, the iPad isn't in your pocket rubbing against change, keys, dirt, etc.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

How is anyone supposed to answer this in a way that means anything to you? it is not unscratchable. Take whatever precautions you feel ware worth taking.

Then buy a quality crystal screen protector. Don't get the antifingerprint or matte options. Don't get a Zagg, BSE, etc. You can't go wrong with PS or SGP but there are certainly other good options as well.

Also don't overlook the countless prior screen protector threads.

One's inability to imagine something doesn't mean it does not exist. Devices get scratched all the time

6. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

I'm guessing the other is your iOS.

Oh and get a clear screen protector for piece of mind.

7. elmz macrumors regular

I've never had a screen protector on any of my iPads or iPhones. They are pretty scratch resistant. I've personally taken a key to both of them to test it out. I was not being brutal but I was not being a bit*h about it either. I know its a little scary, but give it a try and see for yourself :D I'm sure if you really dug the key into it, it might scratch. Your fingerr or nails are not going to do any damage to the screen. Here's a video of someone demonstrating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcIRttycB2I

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

ballsy

9. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

Well if you've been using your iPhone w/o a screen protector and haven't gotten any scratches, I think you'll be ok. In terms of scratch resistance the glass panel should be as strong as the iPhone's.

Personally I always use a screen protector just to be on the safe side.