Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hazza.jockel

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
in a swag
original.jpg

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Did anyone not realize there are three separate titles on the Avatar Blu Ray (special edition, maybe the OP isn't using the special edition).

The theatrical, extended, and super extended version are all on one bd disk.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! oh my :D that made my day!
Did anyone not realize there are three separate titles on the Avatar Blu Ray (special edition, maybe the OP isn't using the special edition).

The theatrical, extended, and super extended version are all on one bd disk.
really? that cant be, because the main title is ~43GB long for me. there is NOWAY they have 3 different versions.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
really? that cant be, because the main title is ~43GB long for me. there is NOWAY they have 3 different versions.

Yes, it does. The theatrical release and two extended cuts (8 min and 16 min longer). It's because the extra scenes are by themselves and added as the movie plays (i.e., playlists).

I've already ripped and repacked the longest version with the forced subs (Nav'i language) and DTS audio. The frame rate had to be set at 23.975 for proper audio sync.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Yes, it does. The theatrical release and two extended cuts (8 min and 16 min longer). It's because the extra scenes are by themselves and added as the movie plays (i.e., playlists).

I've already ripped and repacked the longest version with the forced subs (Nav'i language) and DTS audio. The frame rate had to be set at 23.975 for proper audio sync.
i thought that may be the case, because its not possible to fit 3 actual versions on there. thanks for the clarification.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

Makes sense. It would be a massive waste of space to have 3 copies of the movie that are 99% the same.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar

Yup. Put in disc one of the special edition. You will have three different options. Im not sure how they fit all three on there but it is. Maybe there is a compression scheme or something?

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Yup. Put in disc one of the special edition. You will have three different options. Im not sure how they fit all three on there but it is. Maybe there is a compression scheme or something?

Or if you read this thread, you will see someone already answered : playlists of sorts. The extra scenes are just spliced in on the fly or deleted depending on the version you're watching. There's only 1 copy of the movie on the disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.