So if I arrive at the Apple Store Friday morning....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Sep 15, 2014.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

... will have even have a prayer at getting a 6+? There is no way I am camping out overnight and I was thinking of getting to the Apple Store around 7am.

If so, at least does one of the empoyees come out and ask people in the line which model they want? I don't want to stand there for hours only to find out I won't get one.

I have never done the Apple store line on launch day before (I did it once for the 3GS but that was the day after launch day).

Thanks.

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Not at the Apple store, no. The lines will have long formed by Friday morning. If you got to an AT&T store or a RadioShack early enough you may be able to walk away with something, but odds are it won't be the model that you're looking for. Generally I think they stock up big on the 16GB phones and little of anything else.

EDIT: 6 Plus? Good luck. I talked to an employee at an Apple Store yesterday and he heavily implied without outright saying it that they would be rare commodities come Friday.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You will have much a better luck at Bestbuy, RadioShack etc. than an Apple Store. Last year, while iPhone 5s was sold-out at every Apple & AT&T store during the launch weekend, we found a handful at Bestbuy (apparently people forget those stores receive stock too).

4. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

There's no way you'll get a 6 Plus if you get to the store at 0700, if you want one, get there for midnight, or just a bit before.

5. jags828 macrumors member

6. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Zero chance. I suspect the 6+ will be like the gold models last year, in which each store only received 1 or 2. If you're not first in line (which means, before 10PM the night before), then forget it.

7. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

If you show up Friday morning you will probably be 50 or 100 deep in a line for a phone. I have no clue what the traffic is of your store but Friday morning will be to late regardless

----------

Agreed 100 percent. I think maybe 5-10.

Store I went to last year got 1 gold phone. Funny thing, manager comes out and tells us they got 1 gold phone but at 6am when they handed out tickets magically that 1 phone was already gone. Id be willingly to wager a months worth of pay that a employee got that phone.

(I was 2nd in line)

8. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Yes, after I camp out all night, I bet you will stroll in and get what you want!

I'm just not willing to risk it. I will make camping out fun...some how.

9. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

At the carrier store I went to last year I was first to arrive around 5:45 AM. I don't think the next person arrived until 6:15-6:30. I pulled out my camping chair and sat down and got my 32GB 5S. By the time the store opened there were only about 30 people in line. I want a 32 GB 6 Plus and will probably arrive around the same time, if not a little sooner on Friday and expect to one of, if not the first in line.

YMMV depending on the store you plan to hit up and the amount of traffic they get.

10. xLoGiK1 macrumors member

There's no 32 GB this year for the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. 16, 64, 128 GB Only.

11. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

The line was much shorter at my local carrier store also last year. People showed up starting at about 4 and there were maybe 40 in line at 8 AM. I was first in line and the only phones the store received were Space Grey.

I wouldn't count on any 6+ phones at the carrier stores.

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

This launch is going to way bigger than any other. You can't go by past experience.

13. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Sorry, 64. It was a long weekend, lol.

14. xLoGiK1 macrumors member

Lol all good. Anticipation is killing us all :)

15. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Why not?

I plan on contacting the stores local to me to see what they can tell me. If I have to I will go to to my local Apple Store overnight but only as a last resort.

16. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Based on previous experience with tough to get phones. The pre-orders were sold out before they went live. Last year, very few carrier stores received any gold phones at all. My store did not (I was first in line). Apple stores last year received less than 5 of them.

If it walks like a duck... All signs point to not getting your hopes up.

17. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

The Plus is a phone, not a color. So stores should have no problem on having a decent stock. I can see them having limited colors, probably will have white and gold.

18. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Employees can't purchase phones on launch day period

19. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

20. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

That's not true; they were able to pre-order and can stand in line with the rest of the customers if they aren't working the morning shift.

EDIT: Not even taking the leak that came out recently into consideration, I talked to an Apple employee yesterday who is planning on lining up with everyone else Thursday night to buy a phone.

21. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The iPhone 6 Plus will be is short supply. If they ran out that qwick on pre-orders, you can bet that the store will have a limited supply in ANY color.

22. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Might want to try stores that have less traffics such as radio shack, walmart and maybe even sams club.

23. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

Good to know. Just thought it was odd manager came out and told us they had 1 Gold and by morning time it was gone.

24. Jimbo Asprilla macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

Last time for the 5S, I arrived at my local AT&T store at 3:30am, there was already a line of about 4 people, all they had was space grey colour but I got what I wanted, obviously at my local Apple store at the mall there were hundreds of people, I'll certainly do this again next time.

25. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I look forward to your whining post on Friday afternoon.