So if I buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevo8, Mar 18, 2009.

  1. stevo8 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2007
    #1
    Buy a refurb now, will I be able to upgrade to the new iPhone when released? I currently have the original iPhone, but need to transfer my plan out of someone elses name and into mine. My phone has also seen better days, so I figured it would be a good time to upgrade.. With the 3g refurbs at $100 & $200, it's really no big deal, I just would hate for the new phone to come out in a couple months and AT&T not let me upgrade and/or pay full price.
     
  2. ineedamac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Location:
    Ohio
    #2
    That is a tough decision. You could get the 3G iPhone now and have everything you'll need. When 3.0 is officially released you'll be able to updgrade for free.

    The bet you have to make is on whether or not you think there will be a hardware updated this summer. If you do not there will be a hardware upgrade then go ahead.

    I think if you read the fine print the refurbs come with a new 2 year agreement. Not 100% sure on that one though.
     
  3. stevo8 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2007
    #3
    If there is a hardware update will I be able to upgrade and sign another 2year contract? Or will I need to wait 2yrs or pay whatever full retail is?
     
  4. syclick macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2009
    #4
    Which is probably what will happen. I would wait.

    My own contract is up soon, and while I would like to jump immediately on the iPhone bandwagon, I would rather wait for the new model. A few months is worth the wait.
     

Share This Page