So if the new iPhone comes out in October...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oiuh151, Aug 19, 2011.

1. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

And I don't pre-order how long will the wait be before I even get a chance of picking one up? In other words, how have past iPhone launches gone? I'm going to be away at school all throughout October so I'm hoping to pick it up on Thanksgiving break if that's even plausible. Is it possible to get lucky and just walk into a Verizon/Apple store and pick one up or will they be backordered so far up the wazoo that even that won't ever happen slim chance or not?

2. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

If you really do plan to pick one up on Thanksgiving break, you'll be assured to have one. Backorders on the iPhone usually only last a couple of short weeks.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Dont seem to have the same issues in the Uk.

Just network shop employees wanting to sell it on stupidly long contracts and not on payg !

Rolls eyes.

4. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

That's good to know. I have terribly unreliable ATT home internet and of course it will probably be down when I want to pre-order. I had to add tethering to my iphone to use internet at home.

5. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

You should be good, plus waiting is a good way to observe the public if they find anything wrong with the device, hence attennagate

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

It all depends on what this iPhone has.

If it has LTE network, then the sales will be dramatically higher.

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

what exactly does away at school mean?

I'm asking because I'm wondering, can you have something shipped?

I'll be away at school as well, and I plan to preorder for delivery and have the UPS guy drop it off. I'll probably just skip class that day hahah. Delivery has been how I've done it for the 3GS and 4 (stood in line for the 3G because delivery wasn't an option then...neither was preorder, and I didn't get my original iPhone until August, so there were plenty then)

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It's exciting to see the forums ramp up with excitement over the pending release of the much awaited iPhone 5. I'm just waiting for the follow on threads with the usual gripes on it doesnt do this or that and my battery life sucks and how do you do this and that in it. And what accessory have you got !!

The third party accessories shops are gonna be excited too over the extra business there gonna get !

I've nit really come across handset shortages here in the Uk and I won't be standing in a line. As I'm not desperate to have one straight away I'll be standing on the sidelines watching and listening for all those "is this a bug in my iPhone 5" threads.

The issue here too is I prefer to purchase my iPhones outright on payg and the shop assistants really only want to sell it in a nice long juicy contract. When I first tried to buy my iPhone 4 the first shop said their systems were down on finding out I wanted it on payg. I left the shop and went to the same network outlet round the block and got one straight away. After asking if their systems were down , NO was the answer ! Rolls eyes

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I too will be at school and I;m still debating whether I want to preorder is and have it shipped to me or wait a couple of weeks for people to see if there are any problems with it. Decisions, decisions....