So if using Microsoft Exchange question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Jun 10, 2008.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

So if your wanting to use Microsoft exchange at work are they going to charge you 45 to do it instead of the 30.

I work in a Hosp and we have Microsoft Exchange server. I can log in at home or any computer via the internet for that matter to check email and calander.

My boss and co-worker use there smartphone with Pocket PC without a charge and just plug in necessary router information to get emails and updates. They pay NOTHING extra for that??? Why would we

So the great 2.0 update comes out but if I want to use the exchange they are going to charge me more even if I dont have a 3G phone. I should be able to do Exchange server on my current IPhone...wonder how that is going to work

2. outz macrumors 6502

Maybe it meant those with business accounts get charged at that rate?

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

No, you're interpreting it completely wrong. Price for the data plan is based upon whether the iPhone is on a business account or not... NOT if you want to connect to an Exchange server.

Once the 2.0 software is released you will be able to. If it's your own personal iPhone on your own non-business account the data plan is $30. Only if it's an iPhone on a business account does the data plan cost $45. All iPhones with the 2.0 software will be able to connect to Exchange.

4. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahhhh that makes sense...duh should have thought about that...Thanks for the info