so i'll be in the US friday... (from Canada, re: iphone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i-unit123, Jun 26, 2007.

1. i-unit123 macrumors member

i-unit123

Hey,

So, I live in Vancouver Canada and use Rogers as my current cell carrier. I'll be down in the U.S. this weekend, and actually on the friday that the iPhone is released.

What would my options for getting the iPhone be? I clearly couldn't buy it in an AT&T store as they would require some sort of AT&T thing which wouldnt work for me as I'm from Canada right?

Alternatively, could I purchase an iPhone at an Apple store and bring it back to Canada for use on Rogers?

Could I buy an unlocked iPhone in the U.S.?

What would be my best option for getting an iPhone that I could use in Canada basically. While I'm in the U.S. is there anything I could do there to get the iPhone for Canada? Would buying at Apple Store or AT&T store work/be worthwhile as opposed to buying unlocked online, considering I want to use this phone on Rogers in Canada? Thanks for your time.

P.S. is there an apple store in chicago? anyone know, if there are more than one, which is best?? thanks again:)

2. i-unit123 thread starter macrumors member

i-unit123

any ideas? anyone? srry for the bump, i have a feeling my question was lost in a storm of other posts:eek:

3. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

it wont work with any other carriers other than att.
    sorry

4. yayaba macrumors 6502

You're out of luck -- it's locked to AT&T and AT&T only. Until someone unlocks it, buying it will be like buying a bricked phone/iPod.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Your option is to wait until its released in Canada. Its locked to ATT currently.

PS. ATT won't stop you from buying one. You have to activate it thru iTunes. Until activation, its a brick.