So, I'm biting the bullet and getting a Pro... a few concerns

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cenok, Jun 29, 2008.

1. cenok macrumors newbie

Hello all.
    As the title says I'm getting a MacBook Pro.
    I'm really excited about finally getting one. I've been trying to save up for a Macbook for 2 years now and everytime I was close enough to purchase one. Something [costly] would come around that needed attention.

I helped my Girlfriend get one for school recently. And shes returning the favor of helping me get one. So I decided that a Macbook Pro would be better for my needs (Photoshop, Indesign, Final Cut pro etc etc. + gaming! Shhh don't tell anyone) in and out of school.

Now, I have two concerns. They may be silly, but knowing me... It will bug me to no end.

So number 1: are there any full body wraps made for macbooks? Such as Gelaskins or marware protection skins? If there was one thing I would change on the MBP whould be the colour. Not a big fan.

And number 2: After using the Macbook here and there. One thing I do Love is the keyboard.
    I'm not sure but I think all of the keys fit/snap on the same way. Any chances the MBA keys would fit on the Pro?

If I could I'd love to get my hands on some replacement Macbook Air keys if thats the case.
    Would anybody that owns A MBA and a MBP be willing to try snapping a key or 2 on the MBP? Or a MB key on MBP? :rolleyes: Any takers? Didn't think so. :p

And go easy on me guys. I feel like such a noob asking about the keyboard. :D

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Incase shells come in a variety of colors, and are available for MBPs.

Nope. Best bet there's to learn to love the MBP keys. There's no telling when or if the MB/A's would appear on the MBP.

3. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

I really have to say that this was a reason why I put off getting my MBP for a month or so. I just kept waiting for a non-existent redesign. The keyboard is so much better than what I thought it would have been. I didn't know this when I bought it, but each key has a curve to it. It really makes typing so much nicer. I'd recommend it whole heartedly.

I ended up buying the external keyboard because I thought I'd miss the chicklet keys. It's currently sitting across the room. :cool:

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can get http://www.gelaskins.com/

Nope; try the MBP keys; they are a lot easier to use not to mention the lack of space between the keys is amazing.

5. cenok thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was looking at the Black Incase shell. Are they any good? I was looking at the speck shells and they seemed.. ok.

I've tried both MB and MBP keyboards. While the Pro keys are nice, I just prefer the feel and look of the MB keys. No biggy I guess.

Any of you guys know of palm covers that are good?
    Something preferably in black? :p

It's pretty bad when im pickier than my girl. :eek:
    Haha My justification is that im spending 2000+ dollars.
    :apple:

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have a Moshi Palmguard, but it's not black.

7. Outsiderdude26 macrumors regular