So I'm building a keyboard dedicated to developers

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by revblaze, Dec 16, 2014.

1. revblaze macrumors newbie

The idea behind this keyboard has been one I have desired for years. Apple has made it incredibly hard for people to code on the go, forcing many to find a workaround. I've seen developers create some amazing things, from adding on to the default keyboard with another view, to creating a new in-app keyboard altogether. So much work and effort has gone into building a better platform for coding and finally, Apple has given developers a huge benefit towards this attainment.

[​IMG]

I've finally built myself a solid foundation to work off of for the 3rd Party Keyboard, but the design aspect is killing me. I want to make developers' lives easier with this keyboard, and what better way to do this then to get the opinions from the very people that would use this keyboard? If you guys have any suggestions or ideas as to what you would like to see on a developer keyboard, please let me know in this thread. From specific keys, to the location as to where these keys should be placed, any sort of recommendation is accepted here. Your suggestions and feedback are highly appreciated!

Thank you. :)

2. grandM macrumors 6502a

grandM

I'd already be glad if apple launched an azerty keyboard they haven't moved keys on