So I'm guessing I shouldn't upgrade to 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfearless, Oct 2, 2008.

1. macfearless macrumors regular

Yeah, so I'm about to be on my third iPhone 3G (I know, I know... many others have gone through quite a few) Regardless, the first one I got worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago when I upgraded to 2.1. Then it decides to give me this error "The iPhone _ cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone." Take it in, get it replaced for a new one. Now, after upgrading to 2.1 on the new one that has been working fine, I'm getting the same error. This sucks.

2. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

that's weird. 2.1 fixed most (if not all) of the problems i was having.

itunes itself up to date?

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

sounds like a computer and/or iTunes problem to me.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

+1. I haven't heard about anyone else having this problem. You could avoid upgrading to 2.1, but that might only delay the inevitable. Also, I have a feeling that by now, replacements come with 2.1 pre-installed.

5. macfearless thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know, 2.1 had been out maybe a week and a half before I got this current one, and it had 2.0 from the store. However, while I was standing at the genius bar, the genius helping the guy next to me (who was having the same problem) said that this was becoming a common problem with the update to 2.1. Could very well be a coincidence... Either way, got my appt. for this afternoon to take the gamble on getting a new one. Yippee:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, both times that it has done this i was browsing in safari and safari froze. any insight to that?