So I'm having trouble adding funds to my wallet (PSN Store)...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Captain Planet, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

A few days ago, I wanted to purchase Modern Warfare's Stimulus Package. However, when it came to fill out my billing information, I got an error message stating that my credit card information was not valid. So I double checked everything... didn't miss anything or do any mistake.

Anyways, I thought I'd do a little research on the web and it seems that it is a fairly common problem. Not entirely sure if it's Sony's or not... but I know that my credit card works perfectly fine everywhere else, in stores and online (I do quite a lot of purchases online). Most people said that they had to write the information exactly as it is shown on their credit card statment. For instance, if your name and address are all capitalized, you should do the same when filling out your billing info. I checked on mine (I do all my banking from the web) and from what I could see, every letter was capitalized. So I tried filling out my billing info again, but still no luck.

I haven't called Sony yet... I think I might just forget it. Did this ever happen to anyone? And if so, how did you fix this problem? Thanks for any help... and sorry for such a long post.

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

For me, when I initially got my PS3 & set up my account, I couldn't add funds from my bank card. PSN is like a lot of places with subscription services ( I know for sure Gamefly ), in that it usually wants an actual credit card. Meaning no debit cards are accepted, irregardless of money in the account. To get around this, I found online that people were using of all things AMEX & Visa gift cards. I had to use this for the longest time since I didn't want to tie my actual credit card, for pointless paranoia reasons. Now that there are PSN cards finally, years after the PSN's start, I use those only now.

3. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Well... I'm using a MasterCard. So I don't see how that's a problem... and I don't want to buy pre-paid cards because there's a certain amount of money on them... but I won't use whatever is left after I make the purchase.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

PSN takes mine and the girlfriends debit card just fine (both Visa Electron).

It sounds like you may have to use those prepaid cards after all. You can occasionally get deals on them. Over Christmas at my local Sony shop, they were selling cards £2-5 less than their amount.

5. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

What about if I wanted to download content that's free? I never tried it yet... but don't you have to fill out your billing info anyways? Or am I mistaken?

Anyways, I know there's always those pre-paid cards... but again, I didn't want to purchase one of those because there's a fix amount on them. So, for the Stimulus package it's $14.99 plus taxes... so I would need at least $20 on a card... leaving me with a few bucks left on it that I would probably never use.