So I'm not allowed to take Pre-Workout Supplements...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MorphingDragon, Jul 31, 2012.

1. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

I hardly ever drink stimulants so when I do have some Caffeine or Methylhexanamine IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE. So like, the place where I buy my protein and stuff sent me a free sample of SuperPump MAX and HOLY **** MY BRAIN IS STILL GOING A MILLION MILES AN HOUR. I took at it 5:30 last night and I'm still up with the shakes with no sign of letting up.

Had the best goddamn workout in my life, I can't even lift my arms above my head without making some sort of HOLY ****ING **** MY ARMS ARE GOING TO FALL OFF face and I did something like ~120KG Tricep Pressdowns.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Go see your doctor to find out what's going on. That's not normal.

3. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

As long as he can spell that one right, I think he's not in real danger.

4. TSE macrumors 68030

My friend gave me a pre workout supplement once and I took it at about 5:30pm after classes before I worked out. I was dead tired before I took the supplement. Within half an hour I was wide awake and felt like I could conquer the world and had one of the best workouts of my life.

That was all fine and dandy until I wanted to fall asleep. I literally didn't get a minute of sleep that night. My heart was beating fast as heck, ended up pulling an all nighter, going to classes still wide awake. An hour after my classes ended in the early afternoon I fell asleep and got 19 hours of sleep straight.

TL;DR: Don't take fancy supplements without asking your doctor first.

5. MorphingDragon thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

[​IMG]

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

The only pre-workout supplement I ever use is a strong cup of coffee. Other stuff is unnecessarily strong and a plain waste of money.

7. Queso macrumors G4

Isn't the whole point of the workout that you stimulate your muscles by exercising them? :confused:

8. MorphingDragon, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

MorphingDragon thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Yes, well apparently I didn't work out hard enough.

Caffeine specifically doesn't actually give you energy. When Adenosine binds to an Adenosine Receptor you feel drowsy and tired. Caffeine works by binding to the Adenosine Receptors before Adenosine can, and your Pituitary Gland responds by releasing adrenaline and dopamine levels.

The result... CAFFEINE HIGH. <3

9. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    You don't happen to take any prescription drugs, do you?

I know that some anti-depressants make it so that your body can't clear caffeine, both luvoxamine or levofloxacin in particular can make caffeine difficult to clear for up to a day.

Sounds like you should avoid caffeine either way.

10. MorphingDragon, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

MorphingDragon thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

No I have no prescription drugs. I'm a perfectly healthy adult and can drink caffeine normally. DMAA and the Caffiene is the issue. DMAA has actually been banned in powdered form here now starting from today because it was causing stokes and seizures.

11. MattAtlanta macrumors member

why don't u try a glass of water and a banana.... forget all this new-aged BS..

12. Jb07 macrumors 6502

Sounds like it'd be fun hanging out with you right now! :D
    Seriously, those supplements are a joke.

13. MorphingDragon thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

No not really, I keep on spacing out and all you'd do is hear me moan about crashing (Headaches etc). But as I crash I've become really REALLY worked up and horny. Don't know why, but I would still be sleeping if my ******* friend didn't wake me up.

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Methylhexanamine -

"Side-effects including headache, nausea, and stroke have been reported in recreational users of these products"

I would not take this, and I say this as someone who has no issue with taking all sorts of other things.

15. MorphingDragon thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

It's also known for giving you the munchies so bad that would make a stoner jealous.