All iPads So I'm not sure if anyone else does this.. but for wrist protection..

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Johnny Steps, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

I bought these (the pack came with three of this item) back in May 2011, so the bad part about this is I'm not sure if they're sold anymore. They are Targus Microfiber Cleaners so not only do they give me wrist protection, but they clean the screen as I move across the screen!

Here's an example:

IMG_0136.jpg

What it looks like (sorry for the bad lighting) I slide my other fingers under this handle to provide a better grip of the cleaner thing.

IMG_0137.jpg

So yeah, like I said I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but seeing as a lot of people want wrist protection I decided to share this with you all. It may not be the flashiest thing, but I can guarantee you it has really helped me in writing and drawing on my iPad. If you can find similar items like this, I'm sure it would work the same way!

2. davetheduck macrumors member

Have you thought about using fingerless gloves? I know it's not perfect but will provide a temorary solution.

3. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Well done, Johnny!

I've done the fingerless glove thing -- took a (very) lightweight glove and cut off the index & middle finger to the 2nd knuckle, and the thumb to the first. But that's not something I'm comfortable using in public. :eek:

I've also used a small (6" x 6") microfiber cloth and just wrap it around my last two fingers, trapping the excess between my palm and the screen. But your pad thing looks a little more "wieldy".

4. meistervu macrumors 65816

When I heard the mentioning of fingerless glove, biking gloves come to my mind. I ride bikes, and road bike gloves often comes without fingers and designed to be not bulky, exactly what you need for tablet use.

5. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Nope, fingerless gloves didn't occur to me. I guess because I feel like gloves would be pretty weird in a school or workplace environment ha ha.

6. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

Thanks for sharing this great idea Johnny.
    We must vote this to be the accessory of the year!

7. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Errr.. not sure if being sarcastic lol..

8. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

I don't even know if there is such a thing as "The Accessory Of The Year", but other than that I wasn't making fun of you Johnny.
    Besides, it shouldn't be too hard to make me one myself someday ;)

9. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

screw the ipad, i'm going to put those on my toddler's knees and let him clean the floors

:D