So I'm on iPhone 4 number 2....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mizzoucat, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mizzoucat macrumors regular

My first phone had a yellow band going across the lower part of the screen. After a week, it never got any better so I exchanged it.

Well, my second phone doesn't have the yellow band, but it has a stuck bright pixel that can be seen on a black background. The weird thing is the higher I turn up the brightness, the less visible the pixel is. If I turn the brightness all the way up, you can't even see it. I've also noticed that when I unlock my screen, the pixel will flash a bright green light and then return to just being a bright stuck pixel. I guess my question is does the fact that the pixel flickers when unlocking the screen indicate the stuck pixel might go away with more use? I have tried the stuck pixel flash page and it hasn't helped. Thoughts?

2. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Can you give me a link to the stuck pixel flash page please? I have one and would like to try it. Thanks!

3. mizzoucat thread starter macrumors regular

4. mizzoucat thread starter macrumors regular

5. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

6. Cottonsworth macrumors regular

Yup, exchange it again, do it quick before they start having refurb units in their system.

7. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

What is wrong with the refurbs, obviously they aren't new but do they still have problems? Is it normal for you to get a refurb with hairline scratches or anything like that? I've never gotten a refurb from apple so im just curious.

8. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

Aesthetically, refurbs should look brand new since they use new case parts. Internally, they use remanufactured/repaired parts from returned or defective units. Based on how much was fixed inside, they may or may not be as reliable as brand new units.

9. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

One of the first things I asked them when they swapped my phone. 'Is this a refurb?'. Obviously not enough returns/repairs are in the system yet, but I needed to make sure. Sure enough, my replacement was manufactured 3 weeks after my original. :)

10. mizzoucat thread starter macrumors regular

This is so aggravating. I haven't even been able to enjoy the phone due to all of the issues I have experienced. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. Otherwise, I might check out the new Samsung Captivate that's coming out.

11. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

if you have ever exchanged an iPhone or iPod touch at apple genius bar you probably got a refurb. refurbs are fine they look brand new but having owned this phone for only a week it would be very frustrating to get a refurb exchanged when you payed 200$ and signed a 2 year contract for a brand new iPhone. For the first month or so iPhone 4s exchanged will be brand new units in a black box. once they start taking them out of cardboard white boxes, youre getting a refurb.