Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
Should I go for the high end 21" iMac and get a the new MacBook white coming out or buy a high end MacBook pro, i do need a laptop and I'm using the uni discount, I'm willing to spend up to 2100

What do you guys think

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
I think you should learn to make up your own mind. It's your money and only you know your needs.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you're in college it makes much more sense to get a laptop.

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
If you're in college it makes much more sense to get a laptop.

Well I do alot of heavy 3d work and alot of photoshop and some gaming here and there so will the high end 15" suffice ? ( the new imac look so good:[ )

lasuther

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2004
Grand Haven, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait for the student free iPod touch, Lion release, and 13" MacBook Air update. That is what you should do.

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait for the student free iPod touch, Lion release, and 13" MacBook Air update. That is what you should do.

Really? Do you think the new airs will be able to handle alot of multi tasking ( cinema 4d , photoshop , illustrator and after effects ) and do some mediocre gaming

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Really? Do you think the new airs will be able to handle alot of multi tasking ( cinema 4d , photoshop , illustrator and after effects ) and do some mediocre gaming

No. 15" MBP with external display is the way to go.

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
No. 15" MBP with external display is the way to go.

Cool I think that's what I'm gonna do and I'll probz by it late may will lion be out till then and do you think i should hold off for early 2012 ? I dont care about a re design but ivy bridge seems interesting

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
for heavy 3d work I wouldn't recommend a MBA (unless they come with sandy bridge, in which case it should handle it fine), but the new 15" MBP would be stellar for your needs. Especially with Anti glare hi res screen.

87am

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Cool I think that's what I'm gonna do and I'll probz by it late may will lion be out till then and do you think i should hold off for early 2012 ? I dont care about a re design but ivy bridge seems interesting

I guess you are really are confused. If you don't need a computer untill next year then don't buy one now.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC

Ivy Bridge is a full year away. How long are you going to wait? Just buy now. Delaying a computer purchase because of an OS upgrade is silly to me. A further preview of Lion is set for WWDC in June, it wont be out until after that.

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
Ivy Bridge is a full year away. How long are you going to wait? Just buy now. Delaying a computer purchase because of an OS upgrade is silly to me. A further preview of Lion is set for WWDC in June, it wont be out until after that.

I wish i could order the laptop today but its a question of waiting till my exams are over :) so if im gonna get it late may and say lion comes out on june 10th i would wait to have it pre-installed (+ i wanna get enough to order the laptop and new hardrive at the same time)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.