So ..... I'm really confused

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Zeroh, May 3, 2011.

1. Zeroh macrumors member

Should I go for the high end 21" iMac and get a the new MacBook white coming out or buy a high end MacBook pro, i do need a laptop and I'm using the uni discount, I'm willing to spend up to 2100

What do you guys think

2. archer75 macrumors 65816

I think you should learn to make up your own mind. It's your money and only you know your needs.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're in college it makes much more sense to get a laptop.

5. Zeroh thread starter macrumors member

Well I do alot of heavy 3d work and alot of photoshop and some gaming here and there so will the high end 15" suffice ? ( the new imac look so good:[ )

6. Surely Guest

Surely

MBP with a larger external monitor.

Best of both worlds.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

This. ACD is you like splashing the cash, but a good Dell monitor is quite cheap.

8. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait for the student free iPod touch, Lion release, and 13" MacBook Air update. That is what you should do.

9. Zeroh thread starter macrumors member

Really? Do you think the new airs will be able to handle alot of multi tasking ( cinema 4d , photoshop , illustrator and after effects ) and do some mediocre gaming

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

No. 15" MBP with external display is the way to go.

11. Zeroh thread starter macrumors member

Cool I think that's what I'm gonna do and I'll probz by it late may will lion be out till then and do you think i should hold off for early 2012 ? I dont care about a re design but ivy bridge seems interesting

12. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

for heavy 3d work I wouldn't recommend a MBA (unless they come with sandy bridge, in which case it should handle it fine), but the new 15" MBP would be stellar for your needs. Especially with Anti glare hi res screen.

13. 87am macrumors regular

I guess you are really are confused. If you don't need a computer untill next year then don't buy one now.

14. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Ivy Bridge is a full year away. How long are you going to wait? Just buy now. Delaying a computer purchase because of an OS upgrade is silly to me. A further preview of Lion is set for WWDC in June, it wont be out until after that.

15. Zeroh thread starter macrumors member

I wish i could order the laptop today but its a question of waiting till my exams are over :) so if im gonna get it late may and say lion comes out on june 10th i would wait to have it pre-installed (+ i wanna get enough to order the laptop and new hardrive at the same time)