Price Advice So I'm Selling my rMBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EricSjos, Sep 25, 2012.

1. EricSjos macrumors member

Note: I'm not trying to sell it on this site, just trying to get some advice

So I have the base rMBP model. 8GB Ram, 256GB SS, etc...

It has maybe one or two minor scratches on the edge, and I mean barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

It makes that annoying creak on the right side if you squeeze when the screen is up, took it to the Apple store two times to try and get it fixed but both times they just say it has something to do with the magnet placement inside the case. They still take it in the back and adjust the screws but it still creaks.

Anywho, I'm running tight on funds at the moment, and I'm wanting to sell this MacBook.

What would be the best place to sell it at and how much would I be able to sell it for?

I purchased it for $2199 so I was assuming I could get maybe $1800+ for it?

What do you guys think?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I'd put it out there for 2k and sell for 1800

4. EricSjos thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice, looks like eBay is my best bet.

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

Keep in mind that if you sell it on eBay you will have to pay fees to eBay (~9% i believe) and Paypal (~2% i believe).

6. macuser1232 macrumors 6502a

macuser1232