so, I'm "staying tuned"...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btownguy, Jun 29, 2010.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502a

Good grief, you'd think Apple could at least come out and say in no uncertain terms "Yes, there is a reception issue caused by software. We are working on a software patch. It will be ready in approximately 2 weeks." Rather, they just say "Stay tuned." What the heck does that mean? I think they could cut down on alot of frustration and bad press if they'd just come clean and let us know what they know and what they are doing. They don't even have to have an imminent fix...rather just let us know what they know.

2. FloridaMac macrumors regular

3. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Apple have made no official statement at this point. "Stay tuned" was an email sent from Steve Jobs to a customer who asked him about the reception issues.

My point being, I agree. No statement has been made. They need to say SOMETHING. At least if they came out and said (officially) "tough titty" we could then make a decision as to whether we should keep the phone and just deal with it or return it.

I don't want to return the phone to find out, a week later, a software update fixes all.

C'mon Apple...Talk to me Goose!

4. dulaney22 macrumors regular

Why would they? You and a couple million more are going to run out and buy it anyway, knowing that those issues exist. Plus, you are going to buy a case. Only thing they are worried about are sales and sales numbers.

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I honestly wouldn't expect anything in less than a week. That still gives them 2 more days.

People are really expecting something faster than that?

7. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

They hold their meetings on Monday and go into action on Tuesday. It's not even 9 AM in California yet... At the least, I think we can expect a statement sometime today.

8. diabolic macrumors 68000

Most people have no idea what is actually involved in testing and releasing a software update.

9. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Took Apple 2 weeks to say something about the White iPhone. Don't expect anything soon.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Yeah after selling 1.7 million phones in 3 days I can totally see why Apple feels an urgent need to admit a problem and release a fix ASAP.

11. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

How do you know this?

12. Starrbuck macrumors regular

A software update could actually make the issue worse, or some other issue worse, or even a new issue crop up, if it is not thoroughly tested first.

13. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Corporations, they're all the same, money is the bottom line. Look at Toyota, BP, a slew of others, they all ignore the problems, lie about them. They fess up when they absolutely need to, not anytime before. Why do you think Apple would be any different?

14. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have a direct contact with an upper level Iphone supervisor. I spoke to him last night (he sent me a replacement to see if reception was better, it was not. Regardless, it's not really that big of a problem for me and I love this phone) and according to him they are still investigating and he knows nothing of an immediate fix or any other solution other than avoid the lower left antenna seam.

I think any info other than that, until we actually see a patch released, is just rumor. He also wasn't aware of an immediate OS 4.01 and said he hasn't gotten that many calls about the reception issue.

For all I know, he is full of ****. Just passing along what I was told.

15. mbob macrumors member

The guy I worked with last Friday said they were flooded with calls and couldn't keep up so I don't buy the not too many calls on the issue lol.

For me, Apple has until about Thursday afternoon till I return it.

16. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I wonder if we'll see an update tomorrow.

Yesterday when I plugged in my iPhone, iTunes said it would next check for update on 7/2.

Today when I plug it in, it says 6/30

17. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Don't doubt it, I imagined he wouldn't have said "yeah, we are getting dominated by complaints"

Just goes to show until we see something official, anything we hear is pretty much bunk info.

18. darkip macrumors newbie

Not sure it actually means anything but mine also says the same

19. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It could just be a coincidence, but the fact that it moved to 6/30 from 7/2 is telling..

20. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

i think one of two things will happen
    1. ios 4.0.1 and at that point we'll all be off the forum
    2. apple fills all preorders, and makes them so avalible anyone can get them and then makes some statements officially. i agree they're not going to do anything to slow sales. regardless of how upset anyone on the forum is

21. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Interesting ....

22. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Something should be said. I know it doesn't look like sales have been hurt but I have a feeling that this bad press is not helping.