Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will iPad 2 jailbreak be released today? What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 85.7%

• Total voters

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Ok I know no one knows, this is just for fun! I say no.

Last edited:

axelf1

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
I have voted no but I am really in no rush as I would rather it be 100% before I put it on mine.... I won't even put it on until it been out for a few days.... Thanks

ethics101

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
Honestly, it makes absolutely no sense for Comex not to release the Beta version at the very least. Apple already has their hands on it, so why shouldn't everyone else. I appreciate what he's done, but he IS getting donations. He's not doing this for free. I feel like the celebrity is worth more than the jailbreak.

lfc

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
Australia
Honestly, it makes absolutely no sense for Comex not to release the Beta version at the very least. Apple already has their hands on it, so why shouldn't everyone else. I appreciate what he's done, but he IS getting donations. He's not doing this for free. I feel like the celebrity is worth more than the jailbreak.

Because theres still bugs and issues to be worked out :/

solaris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Doubtful!
I am not even sure it will be released at all, all the time a couple of fellow forum members did their best to kill the project yesterday. :mad:

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Doubtful!
I am not even sure it will be released at all, all the time a couple of fellow forum members did their best to kill the project yesterday. :mad:

I also think so..... as I hear developers at those apple forums are now all ganging up to prevent this hack from happening.. ...as the hack could cost apple developers billions maybe [worldwide]? All thanks to those that made this hack ...NOT POSSIBLE... seriously software developement is the bread and butter for 99% of all developers... would you think they would sit around to let this from happening? Whatever justification or reasoning for jailbreaking? if you make your living from that would you want 1 person to pay and 10000 others free?? some never learn....oh well..

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
The jailbreak will be released tonight.

Well since you said so then it must be true. LOL.

Anyhow, all this is silly... at this point, we've been told "any day" for the last 3 months. Not to downplay the intelligence of the developers, but it's a bit annoying for them to keep providing indication that it's coming. This has been done over and over for the last couple jailbreaks. It's like they're trying to keep up their own self esteem by trying to keep the rumors alive, but for me, an end user, it's annoying.

There's a TON of money being made by Cydia App developers (how many shelled out $20 for MyWi?!?)... so this isn't some charity we should all be thankful to be able to have, we pay for it, and pay dearly. What is said to be some generosity from a hard working developer has to also be confronted by the fact that it's a business too.

Agree or disagree with my feelings above, I think everyone agrees that the constant "almost there" posts get annoying.

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Well since you said so then it must be true. LOL.

Anyhow, all this is silly... at this point, we've been told "any day" for the last 3 months. Not to downplay the intelligence of the developers, but it's a bit annoying for them to keep providing indication that it's coming. This has been done over and over for the last couple jailbreaks. It's like they're trying to keep up their own self esteem by trying to keep the rumors alive, but for me, an end user, it's annoying.

There's a TON of money being made by Cydia App developers (how many shelled out $20 for MyWi?!?)... so this isn't some charity we should all be thankful to be able to have, we pay for it, and pay dearly. What is said to be some generosity from a hard working developer has to also be confronted by the fact that it's a business too.

Agree or disagree with my feelings above, I think everyone agrees that the constant "almost there" posts get annoying.

Well said.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Yeah I am beginning to see the writing on the wall..something about this jailbreak isn't passing the smell test

I don't know about never, but it's not going to happen any time soon. Everyone just has to remember to have their SHSHs saved for 4.3.3 and do not update if there is a 4.3.4 or whatever. I'm basically giving up, but hoping I am wrong.

ethics101

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
I don't know about never, but it's not going to happen any time soon. Everyone just has to remember to have their SHSHs saved for 4.3.3 and do not update if there is a 4.3.4 or whatever. I'm basically giving up, but hoping I am wrong.

Stop. Just stop. You have no idea what you're talking about. If a working Jailbreak is out, why is it going to be a while. Unless Comex is mad about the leak, there is no reason for the Jailbreak not to released within the next week. He should release the beta and ask for help if its taking him so long.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
I voted No.

After all this silly leak yesterday, it sounds like it wont be released today. Its almost like an punishment for what they did. :(

Punishment for what I did? It's not my fault you updated your iPad. All of the people on 4.3.0 are very happy (like me). What did 4.3.3 give you that 4.3.0 didn't have?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Punishment for what I did? It's not my fault you updated your iPad. All of the people on 4.3.0 are very happy (like me). What did 4.3.3 give you that 4.3.0 didn't have?

I wish I jailbroke when I saw it available. I saw it in the morning but decided to hold off because I had things to do all day. When I finally got home it was too late. I really didn't care if it was a beta or not. I could always restore if it came down to it.

Stop. Just stop. You have no idea what you're talking about. If a working Jailbreak is out, why is it going to be a while.
The jailbreak worked, but only on 4.3.

youyou

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2006
I wish I jailbroke when I saw it available. I saw it in the morning but decided to hold off because I had things to do all day. When I finally got home it was too late. I really didn't care if it was a beta or not. I could always restore if it came down to it.

The jailbreak worked, but only on 4.3.

Ya which i have but not 3G which i have as well... So no luck for 3G owners regardless of what version they had. Even people like me with 4.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.