So...iphoneunlocking.com now claims they can do 4.1 with iphone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atrac7, Sep 25, 2010.

1. atrac7 macrumors regular

http://www.iphoneunlocking.com/faq.php

still a scam? I mean, i thought before it was considered a scam cause it was so easy for users to do it themselves...

at the time being however there are not solutions for us users--but is it possible they legitimately have a claim here that they can unlock and jailbreak iphone 4 with 4.1? They take paypal which is making me wonder if they have become more valid or not. I'm so tempted to just give it a shot and see if 25 bucks is worth it.

maybe i'm just being a noob though :(

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Many unlocking sites claim they can unlock an iPhone 4 on 4.1, but as Intell said "scam".

4. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

Understandably, but reading reviews from past experiences indicate this:

People end up paying money to get the software. They then download and it ends up being a rebadged redsnow or pwnagetool or whatever. However, the product WORKED, it was just that it's a shame that freeware was being used for profit.

My question is this...I understand I'd be losing 25 bucks for something that would be free....but is this an indication that there IS a solution finally to JB and unlock IPHONE 4 on 4.1?!!?

5. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Go ahead and purchase it and report back to use how that goes.

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

A sucker is born every minute. Google adwords certainly lure the suckers en masse.

7. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Your gullibility is the reason these sites exist. After asking those who know the answer, you still feel the need to try it.

And of course the reviews aren't faked, no way a scam site would do that :rolleyes:

8. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

No thanks. Just from the few responses already I will take the advice that it (the site) is illegitimate. My post centered more around if it's "likely" a solution is upon us rather than me wishing to actually purchase. I've been patient thus far--i could continue to do so for however longer it takes.

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is a jailbreak and maybe even an unlock for the iPhone 4 on 4.1. However, the iPhone Dev Team/Chronic Dev has not yet released it. So the scammer would be unable to resell the product.

10. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

Once more--read past the first post and read my post carefully. I am inquiring more about the indication of a solution rather than now the legitimacy of the site. If i was AS gullible as presumed, I wouldn't have posted on this forum, would I? I would have been more likely to purchase by now and screw myself in the arse.

I also am not noobish enough to read the reviews FROM the actual site, but rather focusing on reviews from other forums with those members who have had tenure at the forums (so not shady users who just happen to have joined and posted a review)

11. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

If something is to good to be true, it usually is.

12. Mengels7 macrumors regular

While it's not impossible for that to be real, I think we all know it probably isn't. They probably sell you an old tool, and when you complain they tell you 4.1 support is coming soon or something. *shrug*

13. crazycanucks macrumors regular

Only people you should trust is the Dev Team and Chroni Dev team. They will never sell a jailbreak.

It's your money to lose, but why pay for something the developers have said its free and will never charge for it.

14. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Never, ever trust a website that promises your jailbreaking unless it's from one of the two iPhone Dev Teams. The site you linked to is a scam. Unless you like giving your money away, don't use ANY of those site.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you really need to ask if its still a scam then you deserve to lose your money:D

16. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Say what you wish, but you were thinking it was true, that the site had an unlock.

Otherwise any of the other dozen posts here on page 1 would have instantly convinced you there is no unlock yet.

17. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

that is still a scam, but at this point there is not any tool out there that can JB/Unlock 4.1 so there is nothing to repack it. So double scan i would say

18. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

+1

Seriously, after everyone saying "it's a scam, don't do it" if you're not ready to just forget about it then go for it. No sweat off of our backs.

19. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Be patient my friend...instead of letting those people have your money, donate a few bucks to the real people who make the software for us..and they don't charge us when we all know they can if they wanted to!...I'm waiting for the new ip4 jb with u