Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atrac7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
http://www.iphoneunlocking.com/faq.php

still a scam? I mean, i thought before it was considered a scam cause it was so easy for users to do it themselves...

at the time being however there are not solutions for us users--but is it possible they legitimately have a claim here that they can unlock and jailbreak iphone 4 with 4.1? They take paypal which is making me wonder if they have become more valid or not. I'm so tempted to just give it a shot and see if 25 bucks is worth it.

maybe i'm just being a noob though :(

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009

still a scam? I mean, i thought before it was considered a scam cause it was so easy for users to do it themselves...

at the time being however there are not solutions for us users--but is it possible they legitimately have a claim here that they can unlock and jailbreak iphone 4 with 4.1? They take paypal which is making me wonder if they have become more valid or not. I'm so tempted to just give it a shot and see if 25 bucks is worth it.

Many unlocking sites claim they can unlock an iPhone 4 on 4.1, but as Intell said "scam".

atrac7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Scam. Don't give them your money.

Understandably, but reading reviews from past experiences indicate this:

People end up paying money to get the software. They then download and it ends up being a rebadged redsnow or pwnagetool or whatever. However, the product WORKED, it was just that it's a shame that freeware was being used for profit.

My question is this...I understand I'd be losing 25 bucks for something that would be free....but is this an indication that there IS a solution finally to JB and unlock IPHONE 4 on 4.1?!!?

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009

People end up paying money to get the software. They then download and it ends up being a rebadged redsnow or pwnagetool or whatever. However, the product WORKED, it was just that it's a shame that freeware was being used for profit.

My question is this...I understand I'd be losing 25 bucks for something that would be free....but is this an indication that there IS a solution finally to JB and unlock IPHONE 4 on 4.1?!!?

Your gullibility is the reason these sites exist. After asking those who know the answer, you still feel the need to try it.

And of course the reviews aren't faked, no way a scam site would do that :rolleyes:

atrac7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Go ahead and purchase it and report back to use how that goes.

No thanks. Just from the few responses already I will take the advice that it (the site) is illegitimate. My post centered more around if it's "likely" a solution is upon us rather than me wishing to actually purchase. I've been patient thus far--i could continue to do so for however longer it takes.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There is a jailbreak and maybe even an unlock for the iPhone 4 on 4.1. However, the iPhone Dev Team/Chronic Dev has not yet released it. So the scammer would be unable to resell the product.

atrac7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Your gullibility is the reason these sites exist. After asking those who know the answer, you still feel the need to try it.

And of course the reviews aren't faked, no way a scam site would do that :rolleyes:

Once more--read past the first post and read my post carefully. I am inquiring more about the indication of a solution rather than now the legitimacy of the site. If i was AS gullible as presumed, I wouldn't have posted on this forum, would I? I would have been more likely to purchase by now and screw myself in the arse.

I also am not noobish enough to read the reviews FROM the actual site, but rather focusing on reviews from other forums with those members who have had tenure at the forums (so not shady users who just happen to have joined and posted a review)

Mengels7

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
While it's not impossible for that to be real, I think we all know it probably isn't. They probably sell you an old tool, and when you complain they tell you 4.1 support is coming soon or something. *shrug*

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010

Only people you should trust is the Dev Team and Chroni Dev team. They will never sell a jailbreak.

It's your money to lose, but why pay for something the developers have said its free and will never charge for it.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
Never, ever trust a website that promises your jailbreaking unless it's from one of the two iPhone Dev Teams. The site you linked to is a scam. Unless you like giving your money away, don't use ANY of those site.

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Once more--read past the first post and read my post carefully. I am inquiring more about the indication of a solution rather than now the legitimacy of the site. If i was AS gullible as presumed, I wouldn't have posted on this forum, would I? I would have been more likely to purchase by now and screw myself in the arse.

I also am not noobish enough to read the reviews FROM the actual site, but rather focusing on reviews from other forums with those members who have had tenure at the forums (so not shady users who just happen to have joined and posted a review)

Say what you wish, but you were thinking it was true, that the site had an unlock.

Otherwise any of the other dozen posts here on page 1 would have instantly convinced you there is no unlock yet.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

that is still a scam, but at this point there is not any tool out there that can JB/Unlock 4.1 so there is nothing to repack it. So double scan i would say

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Be patient my friend...instead of letting those people have your money, donate a few bucks to the real people who make the software for us..and they don't charge us when we all know they can if they wanted to!...I'm waiting for the new ip4 jb with u

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.