Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Its Macrumors so let’s discuss rumors. Post,leaks, and images are pretty solid that a 6.5”OLED IPhone Model will be released. Of course there will be. Apple procurement dept sources, the OLED Displays from Samsung and Samsung has been offering a 6.5” Phone since last year. (No under screen fingerprint sensor) that comes next year.

So do we really need it ? Having used a 5.8” IPhoneX I must say heck yes. I’d personally wait for next years with 5G but that just me.

Reactions: temna

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Yup picking up two, I’m coming from an iPhone X and an iPhone 8plus.

I believe it’s a 6.45 inch display.
Doesn’t matter what Samsung has offered in the past, Apple isn’t buying of the shelf displays, it’s a custom order.

Will pick up a 5g mobile hotspot when they become available towards the middle or end of 2019. But 5g doesn’t really matter until 2020 due to 5g deployment.

The-Rift

Suspended
Mar 1, 2018
Yep; I’m getting 6.5 iPhone next year, which’s rumored to have triple lens,

This year lcd model,

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
yep I can't wait... that much screen size on the same footprint as in iPhone plus size is going to be awesome. After using the plus size phone since the 6 I am already used to the size. I find my current iPhone X a little narrow so this 6.5" will be very much welcomed.

Reactions: Cayden and YaBoiD

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
currently using the iphone x...but there is an 6.5 inch one with my name on it come release day.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Its Macrumors so let’s discuss rumors. Post,leaks, and images are pretty solid that a 6.5”OLED IPhone Model will be released. Of course there will be. Apple procurement dept sources, the OLED Displays from Samsung and Samsung has been offering a 6.5” Phone since last year. (No under screen fingerprint sensor) that comes next year.

So do we really need it ? Having used a 5.8” IPhoneX I must say heck yes. I’d personally wait for next years with 5G but that just me.
No it's gonna be way too heavy

Reactions: bluecoast

joefoong79

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2017
No it's gonna be way too heavy

That your own opinion. Out there iPhone plus always outscore sales quantity of regular iPhone. So this people including myself will definitely get the 6.5 X because we not found is too heavy, eventually after using it will not be able going back smaller screen phone

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
It’s what I want. I’ve missed the size of the plus models since having my X.
[doublepost=1532437593][/doublepost]
I am tempted. I really like the size of the X, but there are some scenarios where extra screen space could be very valuable. I am hoping to see some X Plus specific software features as well, which will likely push me in that direction.
The X is more ergonomic and is so easy to use and hold but I’ve always liked the bigger displays do that X plus is the one I’ll be getting. I’m sure they will have some exclusive features for the bigger phone as they have done in the past with the plus models.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Out there iPhone plus always outscore sales quantity of regular iPhone.
Where are you getting this info? Since the release of the Plus model, the regular model has always outsold the plus model. Perhaps in Asia, the plus models are more prevalent, but pretty much everywhere else (and overall worldwide), the regular sells more.

There's plenty of charts and graphs available via Google that shows this. Plus, during February's AAPL conference call, Tim Cook said that Q1-18 was the first quarter in Apple history that the most expensive model was the best selling model. That would imply that the Plus model has never outsold the regular model in any quarter ever.

Reactions: profets and rafark

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Yes. The iPhone X is too small for me. Getting the Plus edition.The bigger the screen the better for me.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Yup picking up two, I’m coming from an iPhone X and an iPhone 8plus.

I believe it’s a 6.45 inch display.
Doesn’t matter what Samsung has offered in the past, Apple isn’t buying of the shelf displays, it’s a custom order.

Will pick up a 5g mobile hotspot when they become available towards the middle or end of 2019. But 5g doesn’t really matter until 2020 due to 5g deployment.
Which is exactly why I’m going to keep my 8+ another year. It’s got a wide keyboard and great battery life. No use for me to upgrade when I know I’ll need that 2020 iPhone with 5g and hopefully band 71 and maybe even new battery tech.

Reactions: MyMacintosh and FFR

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Which is exactly why I’m going to keep my 8+ another year. It’s got a wide keyboard and great battery life. No use for me to upgrade when I know I’ll need that 2020 iPhone with 5g and hopefully band 71 and maybe even new battery tech.
I really miss the keyboard on the plus models. I have quite a few errors on the X Keyboard. Looking forward to having a bigger iPhone again.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
not me....sticking with the X format...im over carrying such a large device-X is the perfect size for portability (for me)

i want more functions added to the new watch so i can carry the phone less

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
It’s the one I’ll be getting.

I’m a Plus user. I enjoy the screen real estate, battery life, and dual camera. Not interested in the smaller phones. I wanted the Plus version of the redesign. It’s the main reason I bypassed the X and went for the 8 Plus last year. I figured I could wait. If the X Plus wasn’t introduced this year, I would still have the 8 Plus to carry another year, but knew an X Plus was coming at some point either way.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
My original plan was to make the x plus my first iPhone, but I got this 8 plus and love it. The x plus will be oled but it’ll be about the same form factor as the 8 plus allegedly, just with minimal bezels. No doubt it will be a much better phone, but as someone who doesn’t watch media on their phone it seems like I’ll be ok waiting another year. I pay cash for my phones, so if I tuck away a few bucks a day I’ll have an easier time stomaching the cost of the first iPhone with 5g. This will be the first time in my life I keep a phone more than a year. A few years ago I had 5 Android phones in a single year. Stability is nice.

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Going against the general consensus in this thread, i’m a current plus user looking to switch to the standard sized X variant in September. Much as I appreciate the screen size, the heft of the device is wearing thin now and I want something a bit smaller. Had a play with a demo model of the X the other day and actually quite liked the narrower form factor - and it didn’t really feel like I was losing much useful screen space.
[doublepost=1532454258][/doublepost]
That your own opinion. Out there iPhone plus always outscore sales quantity of regular iPhone. So this people including myself will definitely get the 6.5 X because we not found is too heavy, eventually after using it will not be able going back smaller screen phone
The plus variants have never outsold the standard variants and I can virtually guarantee never will. The Plus sold way better than Apple expected - as confirmed by the initial supply shortages of the 7 Plus - but it remains a product that appeals to a limited niche. You only have to stand and take a visual survey of iPhone usage in a public place to confirm this.

Reactions: Sean006

hinesmj

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2015
New York

Need? No. Want? Oh yes....

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm really excited for the 6.5 X. I've used a Plus variant since they came out and I've always wanted that screen size in the regular form factor which is why I loved when the X came out. After almost a year of having the X, I've grown accustomed to the narrower screen but I still really miss the extra width of a Plus model. So the new "X Plus" is really just going to be perfect. Hopefully it'll have the features that the Plus versions have now, such as the landscape Home screen and Split Screen for apps. I never realized how much I'd miss those tiny features.

Also, I really miss the enhanced landscape keyboard. I never understood why they got rid of it and just left the ugly extra space around it.

iphone-6plus-landscape-mode-extrakeys.jpg

Reactions: profets and YaBoiD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.