So is apple going to fix the wifi signal ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Jun 24, 2009.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

3.0 screwed up my wifi signal really bad . I used to be able to use it thoughout my whole house except the basement . Now I barely get a good signal upstairs . I know for a fact that this was caused by 3.0. Even my 360 gets wifi and it's all the way in the basement . Is apple going to fix this in the next update or is this problem here to stay ?

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

does apple know of your problem?

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Oddly enough no one here can tell you what Apple will and won't be doing.

However, if it's a big enough problem, it will hopefully be addressed in a minor update (3.0.1?) sooner rather than later.

Contact Apple, make sure they know about it.

4. mbpcron macrumors member

mbpcron

Clear and restore your Wifi settings

or also try using a different channel, which must be the same on both your base station and the computer.

5. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Am I the only one who thinks 3.0 made the wifi signal worst ? I thought I heard other people with the same problem . I'll try contacting apple .

6. dub45 macrumors newbie

No its a well known problem :( Even a modicum of testing by Apple should have shown up this problem before the software was released. Apple are making millions from a product that is manifestly defective. Disgraceful.

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1215

7. AppleMark macrumors 6502a

AppleMark

I have other problems with 3.0 on my new 3GS, but I have noticed that my 2G iPhone on 2.2.1 loads faster than my new 3GS on Wifi on most of my bookmarks.

One notable difference was that the Apple site load much faster on the 3GS than the 2G, which I found strange.......

8. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

No, you're definitely not alone. I noticed an issue with wi-fi using 3.0 software. I used to have better wireless connections than my 360! Also, at work, I used to be able to use wi-fi networks thru floors without a problem. Now, it is spotty at best. Apple really needs to look into this issue. Aside from that and the software being a bit slower, I'm impressed.

jedisaga

9. MomoRacer macrumors member

I'm having this issue with my 2g Touch as well. I used to be able to be in my bedroom (about 100 feet from the router) and have full signal. Now I only get 1 or maybe 2 bars. It was definately caused by the 3.0 and I hope Apple recognizes and fixes this issue.