So is everybody here a movie buff?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ozreth, Apr 11, 2010.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

So I've recently gotten the urge to start making some short movies, just some stuff around home, video blogs etc., the thing is, I'm not really into movies. I enjoy documentaries, and I like editing footage, but im not the guy that goes and sees a ton of movies in the theatre and then analyzes them with friends.

Everybody on here pretty much a movie buff?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'm not a movie buff. I'm more likely to relax with a book or music than I am to pop in a movie. Of course I'm most likely trawl the internet gleaning information related to post and production. Some people kill time with YouTube, I kill time reading articles about codecs or chroma sampling. :)

Lethal

3. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

Gotcha, nice to know. I just figured the two go hand in hand and I was weird for wanting to do one and not the other!

4. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

So is everybody here a movie buff?

Probably not.

5. -DH macrumors 65816

Not me. Last time I was in a movie theater was the fall of 1990.

-DH

6. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

haha wow. way into filming and editing though?

7. gødspeed macrumors regular

gødspeed

Not sure if I'd call myself a movie buff, as I only go to the theatres a few times every year, last time being for Avatar 3D. But I do appreciate high film, and have a chronological collection of what I consider to be the most important and influential films of all time.

I may be more a cinematography buff, as that's what most interests me in filmmaking, and is important to me in my own work.

8. ari.ell.a macrumors newbie

ari.ell.a

Funny, 'cause..

I'm an ace video editor, I love making shorts and animating, but for some reason, I don't really like to watch other peoples' stuff. It's not a cockiness thing, I think my attention span just sucks.. or maybe people really are making whack stuff..

I've been dabbling with video for a long time, but when other people are like, hey, check out my youtube channel, I burst a blood vessel.

I thought I was the only filmmakery-type person who wasn't that heavy into movies.

9. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

I am complete movie buff

I am a film student studying to become a director.

Loeooooveee film love it, love it, love it, loveeee ittt.

^^^Am I clear enough??? :D

10. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Movie Buff isn't a strong enough word to explain my obsession *goes back to viewing coverage of NAB*

11. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I'm a huge movie fan, but instead of making short films, I create cinematic photography.

I feel what others are saying, though. I was in a rock band for 6 years, yet didn't enjoy going to concerts. If there was music, I'd rather be doing it than viewing it.

12. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

Same as Lethal

If I can sit down with a book and get away from a screen, I do that.
    I saw Avatar and that was the first in years at a theatre I saw.