All iPads So is google trying to play hardball with its youtube app blocking iOS users?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wesk702, Aug 13, 2013.

1. wesk702, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013

wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I'm pretty sure the tablet wars are in full force for this fall round. Low blow by google. I'm just strictly speaking from the iOS Safari browser. Jasmine can still rock strong per usually, but it seems that google is pulling out all its big guns for the battle.

I've been noticing this for the last 2 weeks. Every time I try to view youtube on my iPad now I get this:
    See below

I love digging into the browser and go straight to youtube, felt this was was more convenient for me as I'm sure others feel this way too, instead of jumping apps. Right?

Attached Files:

2. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I always use the app but just tried through safari and its working. The owners of some YouTube videos don't allow them to be viewed on mobile devices. There are some videos that I can't see on both my android and iOS devices for this reason but will play on my computer. I don't think google want to stop iOS users from using YouTube or any of their other services.