Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ics55

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Like a lot of folks, i'm really bothered by the car Bluetooth bug, and many seem to indicate its fixed in 8.1. I'd like to hear opinions from those actively using it.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Like a lot of folks, i'm really bothered by the car Bluetooth bug, and many seem to indicate its fixed in 8.1. I'd like to hear opinions from those actively using it.

It's in the beta test phase, how could it be ready for everyday use?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
it feels like there's less risk with this update (compared to say 7.1) because it's so soon, they haven't had enough time to really **** it up

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I just upgraded to 8.1 b1 and noticed my "swipe up" for camera works again, however my signal went from LTE to 4G... hmmm.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
for me it's great. battery life is pretty bad on the 5, but the os is solid for the most part. :)

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Seems stable enough to me. The only problem is it doesn't fix any of the bugs that I was hoping it would. The phone still decides to open up completely upside down when I unlock it from being in my pocket, the phone still jumps randomly into the middle of text conversations when opening Messages, still refuses to use third party keyboard when quick-replying from the lock screen, still crashes when typing on a third party keyboard. Sigh.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I have no issues in iOS 8.1 that weren't already in 8.0.2

Tho I don't really see anything fixed either. But I haven't ever had any of those bluetooth issues.

Predictive text after using diction still fails to work correctly. Status bar is still visible when viewing a photo from messages. I cannot get text forwarding to work on my iPad, the PIN never appears.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Seems stable enough to me. The only problem is it doesn't fix any of the bugs that I was hoping it would. The phone still decides to open up completely upside down when I unlock it from being in my pocket, the phone still jumps randomly into the middle of text conversations when opening Messages, still refuses to use third party keyboard when quick-replying from the lock screen, still crashes when typing on a third party keyboard. Sigh.

thats why its only Beta 1 so far lol.

ics55

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
OK, I installed 8.1 and everything is good so far. It did indeed fix the Bluetooth issue I was having.

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
I'm not even a developer and haven't got 8.1 on my 6, but anything has to be better than this car crash of a software. I've tested better betas than 8(.0.2)!! Heck, even the iOS 8 betas were more stable than the official release!! I would love to have 8.1 on mine. From what I've heard its better than 8.0.2 and now I'm getting the wi-fi issue where sometimes it will disconnect and refuse to scan for it again. Plus my battery life isn't as good as it should be. I mean after 3 hours of hardly any usage, maybe a bit of Facebook, Twitter, even with good signal and I've lost 30%+. Its so annoying. The phones only a week old so there should be no hardware issues at all!

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
$3-5 register ur udid for a year, worth it, recommend it as long as u have basic knowledge on restoring/backing up etc, its nearly impossible to brick an ios device today without a hw failure

Yea, or buy a Developer Account. $99 a year but you get 100 UDID slots, so I think there might be a way to get the money back ;)

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
8.1 is working very well on my 6. The battery life is even better, which is kind of scary. I've been using it for about 30 minutes now, and the percentage is still at 100%. Full brightness, nothing turned off. I just updated it earlier today, so we'll see how it handles a full day of use. But I'm impressed so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.