So is it impossible to purchase an iPhone now at a store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ehzool, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ehzool macrumors member

This is my first iPhone launch so I'm not really sure how the whole shipment to stores works.

So a couple of days before September 19th, Apple shipped their first batch of iPhones all across the world. What are the chances of me walking into an Apple Store, Best Buy or Verizon in America (In a town that's not extremely populated) and be able to walk out with a 6 plus?

Are all stores totally out of stock? And when does Apple ship the next batch of iPhones to stores? Is there even a way to tell?

I was interested in purchasing an iPhone 6+ on October 15th at a store. Is it safe to say I will/won't be able to purchase one by then?

2. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

You can go through the order process like you're ordering a phone, and you will be able to look to see if a particular Apple store has inventory or not. All my local stores here in Las Vegas have the 6 available in most colors and sizes

3. forgott macrumors newbie

How are you seeing this information? I've tried now on Apple.com to check stores in Vegas, and there is no stock on Apple Stores for the 6+ Grey 128gb. The same goes for the stores in Miami and Orlando, the ones I would be able to buy from.

4. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

The SG 128GB 6 + is a mythical creature known to exist but rarely captured. Some lucky enough to witness one in person are amazed and mesmerized, others scream in horror at the size of it and run away. Good luck in your search.

5. carrerascott macrumors regular

6 is in stock a lot of places. 6+, esp the tmobile contract free, is tough to find.

6. forgott macrumors newbie

I'd say you're totally right. LOL

I expect this scenario changes a little. I'll be in FL next week, and I will only have 2 weeks to find this mythical creature. If not, I'll have to pay more for scalpers...