...so is it safe to get a 15" or 17" / does your MBP work properly?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pugflop, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Pugflop macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a laptop (Mac of course) and for my needs, I'm looking at a 15" or 17" MBP.

Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of people are having major issues with the new MBP's - freezing, crashing, etc.. I'm sure y'all have seen the multitude of posts.

So my question is, is it safe to order one? How bad and widespread are these issues? Is it just a small bad batch - you won't hear people online talking about how their laptop has no issues and is working fine, squeaky wheel and all that. If you have a new MBP, is it working properly? I live in Saskatchewan, there are absolutely no Apple stores anywhere nearby. If anything goes wrong, it needs to be shipped back. If I'm gonna be dropping ~2k on a laptop, I expect it to work well.

Thanks guys,
    Pug

2. Mirabella macrumors regular

I don't know how widespread the problems are, but mine works great. I've had it for about a month, and it's problem-free. No freezing, no crashing, no dead pixels, no yellow tint – no problems.

3. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

4. sadcamper macrumors regular

I check into the "freezing" thread now and then, but thus far mine has been working just fine (knock on wood).