So is the iPhone 3GS the iPhone 2,1 or iPhone 3,1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badcrumble, Jun 9, 2009.

1. badcrumble macrumors regular

It seems almost certain that it's just the iPhone 2,1 - obviously it's not the iProd or ChinaBrick referred to in the 3.0 beta firmware. So does this mean that iPhone 3,1 is right around the corner? I've got a 32GB 3GS reserved (my first iPhone!) but don't want to find out that an iPhone Pro is coming out in a few months or something.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

... honestly the only way you can be assured that you won't be burned by having a more advanced hardware revision released soon after your purchase is to buy the new hardware within a month or two of its initial release. The iPhone 3GS will eventually be replaced by new hardware, but I doubt that would happen in any time less than 1 year from now. Just buy it and stop worrying :rolleyes:

3. badcrumble thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. My Treo 655p is falling apart and I really want to switch away to an iPhone. I am just fairly certain that next year's upgrade will be much bigger than this one. Ah well. I'll get the first 4G iPhone in 2011 (next year's upgrade will probably be 32/64gb and a front-facing video camera) :)