So, Is There A Music Player Better Than Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ameriMacka, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

No.
    Not so far as I've found, and I've looked.
    Clementine might satisfy you, though it didn't suit for my purposes.

3. weckart macrumors 68040

It's a bloated slug. Used to be good before Apple succumbed to featuritis.

4. Riku7 macrumors member

I wish there was, the new 12 update gave me the blues so serious that I'm considering downgrading from Mav to Mountain Lion (as I'm currently failing the attempts to downgrade iTunes only).

Fidelia is quite nice, it looks good and supports a lot of features that I like. But the major downside and the reason why I haven't been able to become a serious user is that, despite of being able to read iTunes playlists and all that, you can't edit playlists with Fidelia! And that's crucial to me, I sort my music while I listen. I think it's been an issue originating from the way that iTunes' playlist functions were coded, but now that iTunes changed so much, there's a chance that its playlist-related framework might be just a bit more accessible, allowing third party developers to take advantage of it and add such features to software.
    For that, we can only wait and see. Other than that, I join you in this thread's main question.

5. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I have no issues with iTunes 12. It took a while to figure out the new UI, but I find it quite usable. And not bloated.

6. tyche macrumors 6502

I use clementine. I don't like having my music in iTunes and store it on my nas. Clementine works well this way for me.

7. Riku7 macrumors member

Can Clementine take use of playlists created with iTunes? Does it support star ratings?

I'm not only disappointed with iTunes 12's layout, I also hate how it seemed to break its own native keyboard shortcuts regarding ratings and everything else too. At first I just assumed that the keyboard shortcuts had been transferred to some other keys but when I opened the menus to see, the keys seem to be exactly the same, but iTunes 12 just does not respond to the shortcuts that it says it would.
    Are you others having this same problem too, can you confirm that it's not just my computer doing it for some reason? cmd + number from 1-5 to rate a song that's currently playing. I get no more stars, just stupid tabs that I didn't want to see anyway.

8. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

I like the sound of that sentence.