So is this possible???

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BaBayOOsa, Mar 1, 2011.

1. BaBayOOsa macrumors member

Hey everyone I'm looking into getting windows on my 2009 MacBook pro and am wondering can I use the download version????

I saw someone saying that you can do it via USB flash drive.

Now I don't want to be writing code or nothing so is this easy to do or no???? Because if not then I'll have to use the disc method.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Just download the ISO, burn it to a DVD and boot from that.

Anything else is hit-or-miss or harder to set-up.

B

3. FBCMoyock macrumors newbie

Bootcamp or Fusion\Parallels

If you are using Fusion or parallels, they will read straight from the ISO file. If you are using bootCamp, I'm not sure.

4. BaBayOOsa thread starter macrumors member

what kind of CD do i need? and how would i burn it exactly?

5. BaBayOOsa thread starter macrumors member

EDIT #1: i am using a airport extreme and when i have windows 7 installed will it be possible to connect to it wirelessly? or will i need to use eathernet???

6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i used a DVD + R to burn my Windows 7... but since i have a windows computer, i just used ImgBurn (its for windows)

but FEAR NOT!! here is the mac step by step guide!!
    • Launch Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities).
    • Insert your blank DVD or CD.
    • Drag and drop your .dmg or .iso file to the left pane in Disk Utility. Now both the blank disk and the .iso/.dmg should be listed.
    • Select the .iso/.dmg file you want to burn to disc, and click on the Burn button. A dialog box confirming the destination (your blank CD/DVD) will appear
    • Sit back and wait while your new disc gets written!

7. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

when you install windows 7, take the OSX DVD disc that was given to you at the time of purchase and just load that in [make sure youre in windows 7].. a thing should pop up and ask you to run setup.. it should work..

but just so you know -- my case was different, i had to go into the DVD drive [in My Computer] and click bootcamp folder and then setup.. because the setup i ran first was to "remote install OSX" which was weird]

as soon as you install the drivers everything should work [but once again for me, i was able to connect wirelessly as soon as i installed windows 7.. so yeah!]

good luck.. if you need more help post !!

8. BaBayOOsa thread starter macrumors member

can i use the fallowing CD? a music CD-R 700mb cd?

thanks for the replies!