So it turns out I'm an idiot !

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jrobert, May 14, 2015.

1. jrobert macrumors 6502

Anyone else pull their phone out of their pocket to check the time only to feel like an idiot after?

This guy does, a lot

2. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

I've done this a few times. Takes some adjusting. I've also taken it out to ask Siri a question (which isn't necessary). It's amazing how phone dependent we've become.

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Nope, but the first week with my watch, I kept referring to it as a phone.

I mean, phones are what I've used to tell time for years now. LOL.

4. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

Got up last night to pee and flipped up my arm to look at the time, watch was recharging :eek:

5. Subdiv macrumors 6502

I came very close to twisting my arm to look at the time while holding a beverage in the hand attached to that arm last night. :rolleyes:

6. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

That's something I would do. I'm considering wearing it on my left wrist. I'm right handed, but as a kid it just made sense to me that if you were right handed, you'd wear watches on your right wrist, and nobody ever told me I was doing it wrong.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I can't remember not wearing a watch so it's not a great adjustment for me. If I'm not wearing a watch for some reason, I'm more likely to glance at my empty wrist to try and tell the time!

8. Dumbinho macrumors member

Lol. I do that every morning. But on purpose. Because my watch is on analog face. And I'm always running late to work. So I pull my phone to see exactly what time it is. Haha. Need to start pushing the snooze button one less time.

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I've done that a few times! (Although not while peeing!)

I got used to the idea of the watch the day I got it for checking the time, but I've pulled out my phone before to check for notifications when I have them on my wrist. That made me feel like an idiot.

Worth mentioning I have never worn a watch of any kind before. I always said that wrist space is too valuable for something as heavy and obsolete as a wrist watch when I can just pull my phone out. The Apple Watch however has proven its usability to me.

10. Subdiv macrumors 6502

I'm a two fisted drinker, so I really have to pay attention.
    :D

11. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I have not had that problem, but that's only because I've always been a regular watch wearer.

I've got kind of an opposite problem though. I keep expecting my iPhone screen to come on when I raise it or when I tap it. It's kind of like how I keep trying to unlock my iPad Air 1 with my fingerprint when it doesn't have Touch ID.

Apple Watch has changed the way I expect to interact with my other devices, and in a profound way.

12. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

"So excited for the Apple Watch. For centuries, we’ve checked the time by
    looking at our phones. Having it on your wrist? Genius. #AppleLive"

- Tweet from Ellen, 9/9/14

13. RRuxin macrumors newbie

So you cant accurately read an analog watch??

14. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

This guy.

15. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

I do not know if I should wear my watch when I have sex. Probably I can earn some movement achievement or there might be a Linkedin update I do not want to miss. I guess I am an idiot, too :confused:

16. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Probably depends on how long it last. There is a chance it won't even register. Or you might have to "OTHER" workout.

Suddenly I think a camera on the watch could be useful.

17. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

I don't look for the time, but I did pick up my phone up off my night stand to see if I missed and calls/notification instead of just looking at my watch.

18. karinatwork macrumors regular

karinatwork

No, but I keep asking my husband what time it is, because he's always worn a watch. I haven't worn one in 15 years, and now I do. I am still getting used to being able to check the time on my wrist. :)

19. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

Im 2 weeks in & occasionally do that.
    I also starting to forget to grab my phone now & bring it with me haha :D

20. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

Yes, you are an idiot.

just kidding. I did this for the first 3 days with my Watch and now I barely even look at my phone! All haters aside, I really like my Watch and it does what Apple told me it would do. I didn't expect it to open a wormhole through which I could manipulate time.

21. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I use it for the timer... but despite the claims that this is such a precise timepiece, I am not impressed. That was way more than 16 seconds.

22. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I teach foreign language. I skip the unit on telling time because today's teens don't have a clue how to use an analog clock. Reading an analog clock is foreign to them, and it's not taught in primary school anymore.

If I tell them class starts at a quarter past, they pause and ask me what time that is. <sigh>

23. Dumbinho macrumors member

not when you're sprinting from the car to the time clock... and every second count...

24. FanGirl77 macrumors member

FanGirl77

I'm right handed and have always worn my watches like this as well. So your not doing it wrong, just different

25. MrsLily09 macrumors member

I'm right handed and always wore a watch (when I wore one, it's been over 15 yrs since I wore a watch) on my left. Was that wrong!?#