So... It would never let me download Mavericks...

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by XxxXnoodleXxxX, Dec 8, 2014.

1. XxxXnoodleXxxX macrumors newbie

And now I want to get it, but it's not in the app store. And I sure as hell ain't downloading Yosemite with the state it's in... So how can I download 10.9 now that it's no longer on the app store? I can't find a single download online of the core OS X so I can install it. I'm still back on 10.7.5, by the way. Any help would be wonderful.

2. Butchie-T macrumors regular

I ended up in the same situation. And I also ended up buying a USB install of 10.9.5 on eBay. Only place I could find it. Basically the price of a USB drive and a bit more. But now I have a clean install of 10.9.5.

3. Alkaid macrumors member

Thank you for that link Bruno09, I ended up being in this exact same situation and this should help me out quite a bit!

4. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

5. Apple06 macrumors member

I recently got a new late 2012 mini and ran into this problem... * I know I could always use recovery but I really wanted an plain bootable 10.9.5 without redownloading every time I feel like restoring to factory *

I contacted Apple support regarding the issue it's not available on Mac App Store and all they could suggest was to ask a friend who purchased it prior to disappearing and have them download the Installer.app for me. That's what I did.