So it's decision time what would you do guys?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scarpad, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I don't like the Ipad 2, got mine on friday and compared to #1 it has a horrible drab and washed out screen. So now my dilemna. I was going to give my 1st gen 64gb 3g to my Niece for her birthday. But now it's either give her the new one, which she'll be perfectly happy with and keep my original. Option 2 is bring back the ipad 2, probably get hit with a restocking fee, and pick up the 11" Macbook Air I've been eyeing. I already have the 13" but I was thinking of getting the 11" for use while traveling and for Ham Radio work, as opposed to the Ipad. I know the Air's might get a refresh too another thing to consider.

Appreciate the suggestions.

2. Cheetablaze macrumors member

Restocking fee? Just say it has a really bad backlight bleed and you want your money back. Buy her an ipad 1 that's been heavily discounted and save some money... Everybody will be happy... Shame your not happy with the ipad2.

You could return it and maybe the next one will loom different?

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Besides the fact that the screens are the same just return it there is no restocking fee. Buy a used 16gb iPad1 and give that to your niece and keep your old 64.

4. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Apple has no more restocking fees for any products, so I wouldn't worry about that (as long as you purchased it at Apple). I'm not sure about other stores like Target & Best Buy, but I think they may have waived restocking fees as well on iPads (maybe other items as well).

If it has a washed out screen, I would say you probably have a defective unit anyway, so a restocking fee wouldn't even be an issue.

5. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Whenever I have to make a difficult decision, I always rely on the collective wisdom, compassion, sensitivity, and insight of anonymous internet forum posters.

6. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I've used it some more it's mostly the contrast that's not as deep as on the original screen, it's just different, I'd like to see a bit better contrast but I guess this will do till the retina screen comes out.

7. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Go with the MacBook air a d wait for the retina display iPad version 4.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's funny because the tech reviews I trust say the screen is as good as, if not slightly better, the first one.

9. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

So, either give your niece a fantabulous gift and become the greatest uncle EVER, or buy yourself something expensive and what, maybe give the kid a gift certificate to Chuck Cheese instead?

Hmm...what a dilemma...