so it's "jailbroken" - now you can't sync to itunes right...?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by charlestrippy, Oct 11, 2007.

1. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

So i'm reading in some threads that once you have "jailbroken" your touch you wont be able to use the ipod touch to sync you music, videos, photos like you would normally - right?

in some other threads i read you can?

i just want to make sure - i'd be nice to have a mail app and stuff - but i mean, if you can't sync it would just be a pain...

if in fact you can't sync - how do you get your music, videos on your touch?

lastly, if you do the jailbreak - is there a way to "reverse it" back to normal, lets say if you have to send it in to a genius bar/Apple Car?

man, i asked a lot of question - hopefully i wont get too much flak :eek:

2. isaac17 macrumors member

Once it's jailbroken you get into the filesystem and fix it so you CAN sync to itunes, you just have to go through with the entire hack in the tutorial to be able to. It works just like a normal iTouch when you're done.

3. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

ahhh, so okay - you just follow all the directions (it tells you how to change it in the filesystem to sync to itunes)

but - if you had to "put it back to normal" - would you just hold the two buttons until the plug into itunes thing comes on the screen and do a restore...would that remove it? just curious in case i ever have to take it to apple for anything :)

4. isaac17 macrumors member

Yeah, to restore it for taking in to apple care, hold the two buttons, wait for the restore screen to pop up (while plugged into usb) and then go through the restore process. Back to normal :D

5. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

awesome!!!

6. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

awesome!!!

7. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

awesome!!!