Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TG1, Oct 31, 2011.
Happening today or not? This is the last possible day for the announced "late October" launch.
This was actually my first thought this morning when I woke. (Yes, I'm that much of an Apple Fanboy Loser.) I doubt it will. Given the problems iCloud is having with email, I get the impression the iCloud rollout is harder than anticipated.
I need some more time to fix ID3 tags anyway. Then I plan on backing up my entire library to external storage, and then PURGING before activating iTunes match. I've got lots of live stuff that I'll never listen to again.
I'm hoping that a good percentage of my library (close to 20k tracks) will get recognized.
I am still holding out hope it happens today. I have wanted this more than iOS 5, Lion, and the 4S put together. Apple has not come out and publicly and said its delayed, so I am holding out hope that we will get it this afternoon.
Someone posted elsewhere on these forums that he/she was unable to download purchased songs from iTunes so maybe they are getting ready to launch?
Still hoping...my iTunes library is perfect with metadata so I am sooooo ready to roll!!
That's a question I have. I don't want my non-Matched songs uploaded quite yet. I have some older stuff at a lower bitrate that I will re-rip if it doesn't match. So far I've not heard of a way to Match and not upload. If the matching completes and then the upload starts I can always unplug the network cable.
I really hope after it does its "matching" you have a chance to review/edit/select the songs you want uploaded. I also am wondering if it matches a song incorrect or a single version vs album...how do we fix that? Can we say ignore match and upload that song instead...because I am so anal about my library the last thing I want is to have albums mixed up with singles, etc. Anyone else concerned about this?
Which is why I really want this service to start so we can all find out what works/doesn't and start e-mailing apple to fix it. I think this service is not going to be smooth at first, but I am ready for the hiccups because in the long run this will be the service to beat...imo.
It has to be coming soon ... Error 4100 keeps popping up in iTunes since late Thursday/earl Friday, meaning their must be another beta or final release that has been released to the in-house devs. Apple does't really miss their deadlines that often, so I was hoping for today, but at this point I guess it will be early November.
Yeah, I get the same error...hopefully they will release it by 11:59pm
Where is it?
I'm on the East coast and still have nothing. Is it happening today, or is Apple literally going to make it end of October? 11:59pm PST