So, I've heard iOS 6 sucks in general?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by 999blb, Oct 27, 2012.

1. 999blb macrumors member

So, I have an iPhone 4S that is currently jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1. The main reason I didn't upgrade was because I rely on it because Straight Talk is my carrier, and I had to change my APN settings for it to work correctly. I've talked to my friends that have iPhones/iPod touches, and from what I heard, iOS 6 sucks. My friend has an 8GB iPod touch 4G, and she's told me that it basically killed her iPod. It takes probably about 3 - 10 seconds for the app to even open up to start loading... It's honestly sad. My friends that have an iPhone 4 say that it's okay, but they wish they were back on iOS 5. Another one of my friends has an iPhone 5, but obviously he loves iOS 6 cause his iPhone was made for it.

I'm wondering what you all think of it. Is it fast/slow? Was it worth the upgrade? Let me know your opinion!

2. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

If I were you I would wait for iOS 7. From what I used on my wife's iPhone 3GS and iPad 3 it isn't worth upgrading to. If your phone works and you are happy with wait for a better upgrade.

3. heathpitts macrumors member

I don't know what all the complaints are about. I have had almost no issues at all. I have a 4S and an iPad 3 and iOS 6 has overall been great on both of them. Maybe have them restore as new on those devices and that will fix it.

4. Usehername macrumors member

I had iOS 6 running on a 3GS, it was alright. Map does suck but it wasn't slow and I didn't experience to much problems/bugs. I've since upgraded to i5 and its the same, ****** maps but practically problem/bug free for me.

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

iOS 6 runs fine on my iPhone 4. I was jailbroken on 5.1.1, but on 6 my phone feels a little bit faster.

6. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

Actually, 8 will probably be much better on your wife's 5 year old phone. Wait it out.

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Speed wise, I don't notice if it's faster or slower on my 4S.

What I do notice are the horrendous maps, random apps crashing on opening, and the numerous only half completed ideas or changes they made.

Do Not Disturb... great idea (and long overdue), but it's somewhat limited and it assumes that you have the same schedule every day of the week.

The volume slider in iTunes is nice, new, and shiny... but the one on the lock screen is unchanged and doesn't match.

The Status Bar now changes color depending on the app, but Apple can't even be bothered to change it themselves in half of theirs.

Siri now 'knows' sports, but is still missing a some of the most watched.

The list goes on and on. Apple had some good ideas, but their poor implementation, added bugs, and useless maps leave me wishing I never installed iOS 6.

8. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Works fine dood

9. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

Lol if it runs on it. 8 will probably require an iPhone 4 or 4s at the minimum. My wife will likely have something newer by then. :) I wasn't impressed with the features for iOS 6. I'm excited to see what apple does with their next major release of iOS though.

10. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

Well, Maps sucks here in my country, and the new App Store layout is meh, but otherwise, it's fine.

I like the look of the new music app but a lot of people don't, so that's a toss up.

11. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Performance wise I haven't noticed much difference to iOS 5

The only downside for me is the colour (same as OS X), I dislike the replacement of colours with the grey/silver look

I don't like the horizontal scrolling in the stores, but as I don't use them it's a non issue for me

12. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

you 'heard' that ios6 sucks in general'? then it MUST be true, if that's what you heard... :D

13. lexvo macrumors 65816

iOS works fine for me. I have/had some WiFi problems but it looks like these have diminished somewhat

14. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

iOS 8, death of the iPhone 4S, almost death of the 5, iPhone 5S almost fully featured, iPhone 6 release lol

15. irDigital0l Guest

If you have a device older than the iPhone 4S or iPad3 then its pretty meh.

16. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I had iOS 6 on my 4 before the 5 arrived, and it worked great. I can only imagine that it would be even better on the 4S.

17. Avatarshark macrumors regular

I don't understand people. People expect to be trouble free. If you are the 1 in 1000 having an issue, don't bitch and complain on forums. Think about what you are doing on your iPhone and what others are doing and compare the results. More than likely other people haven't dropped their device a 100 times or dunk it in water. And the expect an OS to run problem free in this day and age should be less than frequent but should still be expected.

18. Stelv macrumors newbie

Stelv

Coming from using android for about 2 years, iOS 6 is a breath of fresh air.

19. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

iOS 6 is good for me, but the App Store kept crashing initially. It's actually faster than iOS 5 it seems. I'm using an iPhone 4 with the iOS 6.0 jailbreak.

20. hrl macrumors member

iOS 6 in my iPhone 4 has been very buggy. I hope an update will fix most of my issues (slow unresponsive at times, camera app freezing, safari reading list keep loading but does not download anything...).

21. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

The iPod Touch 4g is slow because it's really old compared to everything else. I have it on my 4S and I'm loving it. I haven't really noticed any glitches (I'm sure I may have seen a few, but I don't remember). Overall it was an awesome upgrade for me.

22. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Same here. Missing my jailbreak though. :p