So I've ordered my new HDD for my MacBook...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by terryblyth, Jan 24, 2008.

1. terryblyth macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I'm wondering about the next step. To make the system squeaky clean, I'm thinking about a fresh install of Leopard (minus the Printer Drivers etc).

I know everything is safe on my Time Machine backup drive, but I don't really want to re-install from that as there's loads of crap on it. Would I be able to drag-and-drop my applications from there onto my Mac, or do I need to copy over stuff from the Library etc. too? It would just save me the headache of re-installing stuff from CD (Office, Sibelius, etc)

I'd also need to keep *everything* contained in Mail, plus my iCal stuff too.

2. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

I would do a clean install of Leopard, do the updates, and then run Migration Assistant.

3. tveric macrumors 6502

4. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

way i did it was i uploaded all my stuff on a external hard drive. then whatever programs i needed i put on the computer.

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I was thinking on doing the same as you but I decided to save me the headache of reinstalling al the stuff and what I did instead is I cloned my old drive in the new one and every day until I am done I will spend 15 minutes. Cleaning stuff up before I go to bed