So let me ask you... Activation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjared, Jun 15, 2009.

1. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

How will activation work for those having the new phones shipped to your house?

I mean last launch Apple HAD to have everyone activate their phones in the store. Remember AT&T got pissed off cause people were not activating and then selling them to Russia or something.

What's to stop this from happening again?

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

They've change it, back to how it was originally. Connect the phone to iTunes and you will be walked through the activation process.

3. Shaan macrumors member

I don't think anyone knows yet, although it's been asked many times on the forums. I'm pretty sure you will be able to activate at home because many people are getting home delivery so I doubt they will make you go to the store to activate after that.

4. itsjared thread starter macrumors regular

itsjared

I plan to pick up my reserve at an Apple Store Friday but should I order one online real quick in the hopes of selling it for big bucks to someone over seas?

5. stuartteach macrumors member

the 02 store told me today that you will have to activate at home with itunes...

6. jason72780 macrumors regular

When they started selling the iPhone 3g online you had 30 days to activate it or would get charged full price.

7. Shaan macrumors member

Sounds good. Less lines and less congestion at Apple and AT&T stores. Also less load on the servers because some people will wait 'till Friday night, or the next day to activate.