So let me get this straight...sign up for Edge and get iphone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apollo 13, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I saw someone elses post that said he was gonna sign up for Edge and get iphone 6 even though his contract is up in 2015. I was curious of this and went to playfully upgrade my 5s to a android device on the site and it allowed me to sign up for edge and pay $29 extra a month for phone. I didn't let the order go complete through. I thought you had to be out of contract to sign up? Then again if I was Verizon or any company with this plan I would let ppl sign up since it's more money for them, and they are pretty much paying full price for the phone.

2. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Seems like you answered your own question when you tried on the att site.

4. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

not me but show me link

*EDIT* lolz...your post confused me since you said ATT site which I assumed you meant forum, but you're talking about the verizon site.

5. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Wow I'm surprised this works! I never knew you could upgrade to edge even when you are still in a contract. I'm so confused.

6. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah but many ppl don't want to add another $32+ to their account. I'm only doing it because I was on a old plan with 2 phones that was expensive and I just switched to the More Everything plan which knocked the price down a lot, so I added more data to qualify for the $25 monthly discount when I sign up for Edge. My price will come out the same as before so all good for me. If for some reason I can't get Edge at 12:01 to get the iphone 6 I won't be mad. Just have to wait it out for a few weeks.

7. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I'm in college on my parents plan so they'll be pretty pissed that I'm adding $30 onto their already expensive bill even though ill be paying them. It's either that or I use Bill me later (Paypal Credit). Time to research as much as I can about the Edge plan in the next hours. Not sure how warranty works and such.

8. Uln4321, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

Uln4321 macrumors regular

Looking at other places online, if you are currently in still under your 2-year contract and have less than a year left (like we are) then you have to turn in your existing device, even if said device was not purchased via the Edge program. WHAT?!

Edit: On the Verizon webiste:

For a limited time, existing customers who are within 12 months of their upgrade eligibility date can trade in their old devices and use Verizon Edge to enjoy the benefits of a new 4G LTE device. This offer is available 7/1/14 - 7/31/14. To be eligible for this offer, you must:

Just confirmed with a chat agent as well.