So Long Jack. 24 Season 8 will be the Final Day.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macfan881, Mar 26, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I've watch this show from the beginning and its been something I've been looking forward to on a Monday but after 8 Years Fox pulls the plug on 24 even though the last 2 seasons were meh. I've been enjoying this season thought Mondays episode was great. So the only thing I have to look forward to now on monday on TV is the Occasional NFL Game.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=64604

2. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    I liked the show, but I'm glad they're ending it. Seasons 7 and 8 were/are mediocre. Nothing compares to seasons 1-5, and 6 was pretty good too. Of course, if season 9 would come on I'd still watch it anyway because I want to see how it ends. Hopefully Season 8 will end well (WITHOUT ANY CLIFF HANGERS, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SEASON 9 NOW, RIGHT?). I really hope we get to see Cheng Zhi this season (the chinese guy who says "herro mista bauwa" and captures him), i loved that guy...

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's definitely time. I still watch it but more out of habit. The show isn't as good as it once was.

They have already said a 24 movie will be out within a year or so.

5. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Good. Maybe when we walk out of the theaters, we will know how it ends. Doubt it though. They will probably cut out in the middle of something big, making us want to see part 2.

24 really is easy to predict. Jack will be betrayed by someone while shooting at terrorists, proving he is good to new government leaders and debating whether or not to retire. Been that way every year. *yawn*

6. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Finally. About eight seasons too late though.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I think it's lame that the producers are going to make dedicated TV fans go to a theatre to see how this show ends.

Typical FOX money grab.

8. Dany M macrumors 6502

Season 7 was fantastic along with Season 5. The think about 24 is, when it is bad it is simply terrible, this season is terrible

9. RudyGrow macrumors regular

I don't know what to think. I'm a big fan of the show and this season is pretty darn good IMO (Dana on the inside? OhMyGawsh), but I can't see Jack kicking ass with a walker and dentures in season 36...

10. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

11. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

I agree with u there I'd figure there were atleast one or two more seasons bearing it be on Fox or NBC but i bet Fox as usually as they are cant figure out how to handle a good show on there network.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

umm...

The Simpsons ?

13. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah 1 show but I can give others they have screwed up Fire Fly Terminator Family Guy the first time Futurama etc I could name several more shows. but yeah fox's track path hasn't been great. Foxs has the Idea if its not a knock out hit right away they pull the plug or if the ratings dive in the middle of a season. They never hardly give shows and let them play out unless its a gauranteed cash in like 24 has been or the Simpsons.

14. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

Im with you...Its painful to watch...Dont they have any type of law enforcement advisers...??

15. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

its time. the show has been going way downhill ever since season 5

16. RudyGrow macrumors regular

I disagree with Family Guy screwing up. IMO it is funnier than any other cartoon show, but all of Seth MacFarlane's other stuff (American Dad/The Cleveland Show) are total crap.

17. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

well I still think Family guy is funny but seasons 1-3 are Classics for me

18. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    I like American Dad and Family Guy, but yes The Cleveland Show is terrible; I couldn't finish the first episode. Family Guy is still funny IMO, but it is going down hill. I hate that it's getting so political. Now it's basically a way for Seth to shove his liberal views down your throat. And I might agree with some of his political views, but that shouldn't be in Family Guy.

19. Jez27 macrumors member

They should've ended it with Season 7, IMO; y'know, because a week has 7 days and all? Would've made sense!

Season 7 was just as good as Season 1 for me. It was a slower storyline build on a deeper level than: "here's random Russian dude, he's friends with angry American dude, they have Nuke, explosion imminent..." etc. It was great.

However, so far, Season 8 has been a disappointment. It's only really picked up in the last couple of episodes... about 7 episodes too late!

As long as it doesn't carry on as a "007-esque" venture without Sutherland in the main role, on another network, then I'm fine with it being cancelled. It's time to move on. They've had a good run.

20. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

21. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

aren't they making a 24 movie though? That seems like it would be really good :p

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes. Pretty sure it scheduled for 2011.