So Lost!!! 3G 4.2.1 BB 05.14.04

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jenasjdub13, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Jenasjdub13 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a used iphone 3g from a family member so that I could unlock and use on T-Mobile's system. Who knew it would be so difficult? The phone had been uodated to 4.2.1 BB05.14.04 and after reading over a dozen "simple" instructions and various downloads Im still no closer to unlocking the phone as when I first purchased it. Is there any particular online company that can do this for me? Or a simple instruction/diagram that will help me in this process. I am not tech savy at all. Any help that can be provided will be GREATLY appreciated.:confused::(

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Redmondpie.com or iclarified.com are where you go to read tutorial on how to jailbreak/unlock your phone.

Currently, there is no unlock for your phone baseband 05.14. If you want to unlock, then you have to upgrade its baseband to Ipad baseband which is 06.15. However, before you do so, make sure you read and do research because there is known issue that GPS is not functioned with Ipad baseband on iphone.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you can afford to wait, there's been rumblings amongst the dev team about new unlocks. However, if you can't wait...

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

did you bother to search before buying it? If you were to search and see which baseband could be unlock then you wouldn't have updated it. If you read over a dozen instructions and various downloads then you've been reading something that's wrong.

5. Jenasjdub13 thread starter macrumors newbie

@ GNGAN....the phone was updated prior to me purchasing it..AGAIN..I'm not a techy by far..I thought unlocking it would be as easy as downloading a simple software and uploaded it to the phone. Clearly I was mistaken. You live and you learn. I'll sit back and exercise some patience to see if a fix will become available for this BB soon.

6. davidcom macrumors newbie

Hello, has there been any updates on this topic? I too have an iphone 3g, 4.2.1, 05.15.04. I haven't tried the technique requiring an update to the ipad firmware because of the risk of losing GPS functionality. Any news on this?

Jenasjdub13, were you every able to unlock your 3g?

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The only option for 3g/3gs is ipad bb.