So lost...please help with jailbreak issue...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i11i1i, Oct 14, 2010.

1. i11i1i macrumors regular

I know I'm going to sound like an amateur, but when I jailbroke three months ago, it was my first time. I have no idea how to jailbreak again and keep my phone the way it is.

I have a bunch of tweaks and the cool lockscreen that everyone was talking about on here. As well as a bunch of cydia apps.

Here's my understanding of how it works...PLEASE tell me if I'm wrong (I'm gonna wait for some advice before using limera1n:

1. Plug in phone and save backup.
    2. Use PkgBackup to save tweaks?
    3. Upgrade to 4.1 (assuming this wipes out my jailbreak and restores the phone)
    4. Install limera1n

That may be totally off. And I definitely don't know how to get all of my tweaks/cydia apps back on and my springboards organized the way I had them. Should I make a list of everything?

ANY help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I took screenshots on the phone of all my packages and jailbroke then reinstalled them. It's not that hard to do it that way.

I didn't care about any lost themes, butt you can also go to winterboard and take screenshots of your winterboard themes.

3. onefish2 macrumors member

onefish2

You got it. Now go re-jailbreak your iPhone. Pkg Backup will save all your installed Cydia apps, tweaks, themes, ringtones etc. It looks through all you Cydia downloads and takes a snapshot of all those packages.

4. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I used aptbackup, had many problems. I didn't find out till after that pkg backup is the way to go. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in DONT USE APT BACKUP.

5. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

6. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

even more of an amateur here with an iphone4 on 4.1. so i would just do steps 1 and 4? Also if I make a mess of this JB I can always restore to factory settings in iTunes then restore from backup?
    thx