So lucky with eBay purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Trey M, May 6, 2016.

1. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

So a few days ago I was debating between getting a 2016 rMB 512 or a 2015 rMB 512. I've been planning this purchase for a while, awaiting the Skylake update. I was leaning towards the 2016 but decided I would pull the trigger if I found a new '15 Macbook at the right price.

So logged onto eBay, and after 15 minutes of searching I came across a rMB m7/512 which was sealed with an interesting story. The backstory was the guy had a 2015 rMB (maxed out version) and had several issues/repairs. So, Apple decided to replace it with a brand new model (they're known to do this after the 3rd or 4th repair). Based on the timeline, Apple had just released the new '16 models days before he received his new machine. He decided he'd rather have the cash so he listed his replaced, sealed rMB on eBay. Came with a full 1 year Apple warranty and everything. He listed it as a 2015 rMB maxed out.

I noticed on eBay in the pictures that it had an Apple 2016 Copyright on the back, so I entered the serial number on Apple.com shown in the eBay photos and it came up as a 2016 model! I was still a little hesitant since eBay can be shady, but that along with an Apple repair doc he uploaded gave me enough confidence to give it a try.

So, pulled it out of the box today and what do you know! Sealed rMB, 2016 model the same serial number in the pictures. Machine is flawless. These retail for near $1900 after taxes, and I got it for $1350 and no tax and no shipping fees. Couldn't be happier. He even included his old rMB charger and cable since he had it from his previous machine. Best eBay purchase I have ever made. Can't believe the circumstances given that there are so many shipping delays with the current '16 m7's.

2. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

Awesome....!!

You got a great deal....enjoy your new MacBook.