So macbook air or Retina for photography work / editing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jetlitheone, Sep 4, 2013.

1. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Need a good laptop for photoshop mostly light room. Thinking either the 13" air or the 13" retina macbook pro

Want something to travel and such to show clients the pictures I took of a recent shoot.

Any ideas?

I have to save a few hundred more for the retina and that's fine but I hear they're announcing a new one most likely in October...

Advice?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'd say the rMBp would be a better choice if you use PS for a lot of heavy duty work...If you are just re-sizng and doing light edits, the Air is fine..It then comes down to storage...I have the 13" rMBP with the 3GHZ CPU and the 500GB SSD...it's a great machine, and I use it heavily in Aperture and Logic X...never misses a beat...I'd consider adding more RAM though, as you have to do it at time of purchase these days.

3. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah that's the only thing that stinks dang pci based ram or whatever they put in those things, yeah I sold my beast of a windows machine for this ... just can't go wrong with the retina screen the calibration and colors are amazing

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

LR ad PS are mainstays for me. A perfect combo.

MBP recommended just for the CPU bump that will help with some intense PhotoShop filters. But note I did not say "retina". I think it's overrated since I only edit on an external calibrated monitor.