So many absinthe bugs; should I wait to JB?

Joshwawilson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Missouri
Title speaks for itself. So many people are reporting errors with absinthe. Should I wait till they correct any bugs before jail breaking my iPad 2 or iP4S or just go for it now. And Will somebody that has JB 5.0.1 already state how they JB successfully.

Edit: jailbroken

Last edited:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Those that have no issues have no reason to post complaints, questions, or problems. If you want to jailbreak, then do it. The worst thing that can happen is you have to restore your device and try again.

Comment

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
Do it now. Way more people are not having problems. I had zero issues personally. Even if it doesn't work just restore.

Comment

zoeconner

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
I just did 2 iPads and 1 4S in the last 30min. I did mine since day1 and had no problems.

Comment

silroc

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
No bugs for me and I took a risk leaving my 4.3 jb

I love ios5 and he jb- wouldn't go back

Comment

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Those that have no issues have no reason to post complaints, questions, or problems. If you want to jailbreak, then do it. The worst thing that can happen is you have to restore your device and try again.
What he or she said...

No issues here

----------

Title speaks for itself. So many people are reporting errors with absinthe. Should I wait till they correct any bugs before jail breaking my iPad 2 or iP4S or just go for it now. And Will somebody that has JB 5.0.1 already state how they JB successfully.
How will you know if you'll have an issue until you try it.

Comment

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I have little issues here and there. Random crashes. Seems like its almost always Safari that does it and it just crashes to the home screen. Its not enough to make me get rid of it since the benefits outweigh the problems. Occasionally on a respring from SBsettings it will hang and get stuck and you have to do a hard reset. Pretty much its the same issues with all my devices Ipad2, Ip4s, Ip4(wife) and kiddo's iPod Touch.

Comment

Mess

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Done my ipad2 the day absinthe came out and have zero issues.

I suggest you synce and backup your device then go for it. As stated worse case is you need to restore. But ill be surprised if you have any issues.

Comment

Jryoo24

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2012
I have "yes" issue

I jailbreaked, and my legally purchased songs through itunes is not playing. :(

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.