iPhone 11 Pro So Many Headaches - Thanks UPS & Apple

ckurt25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
Friday, 9/13 @ 5 AM Pacific, I launch the Apple Store App from my phone, where I had previously gotten pre approved for the IUP upgrades for both my wife's and my phone. At 5 AM I went in, completed the order, selecting Apple Store pick up as the delivery method. Great! For the second phone, Apple Store delivery wasn't available so I selected standard shipping, to my home.

I contacted Apple to see if I could either have both delivered to my home or both picked up at the store. No dice. They said I could cancel one order (the in store pick up was the logical choice) and place another order. By now, the shipping times had slipped until next week. They also suggested I could have UPS hold my phone and not attempt delivery. There is a UPS Store right across from the Apple Store near me so I thought this would be a good choice. Of course I had to wait until Thursday, 9/19 when the phone showed up as shipped to make any changes. On 9/19 I made the change.

Today, 9/20 rolls around and I head out to the Apple Store in the morning to pick up iPhone #1. No problems. I even traded in two old iPads and got a new Series 5 watch for my wife. I ran some errands, had lunch with my wife, gave her the watch and headed back to the UPS Store. It said by 3:00 PM for delivery, up until about 1:15 PM, when it said "Update!" and nothing more. I went into the UPS Store and let them know I was expecting a package and they said it wasn't there. They didn't have any info about the "Update!" message but suggested I call UPS Customer Service, so I did. When I went to track the package the automated service said the package was refused. REFUSED?!?!?! I went back into the store and let them know what customer service said, they asked if the package was from Apple and I said it was. They told me "UPS can't accept Apple packages in the store." What....? Did I hear that right? UPS, who shipped the package, gave me the option for the package to be routed to the UPS Store (the shipping hub wasn't an option) but didn't deliver it there. I'm still shaking my head.

Did I mention the Apple Store is near the UPS Store? I went back across the street to the Mall where the Apple Store was, got in line and got a new phone. Had I know it would have been that easy I probably wouldn't have ordered the 2nd phone when shipping to home was my only option.

Oh, my other problem with UPS and Apple came a few months back when the new AirPods came out. I ordered them and had them shipped to my home. I knew a signature wasn't required and wasn't home. I live a great neighborhood but the UPS driver decided, on a Friday, not to deliver the AirPods. I was home about 20 minutes after they attempted delivery, at like 3:30 in the afternoon and I immediately called UPS, explained the situation and asked if the driver could reattempt delivery. They told me the driver refused to come back to my house. In that situation, I cancelled that order, had them AirPods shipped back to Apple and went to the store to pick out a pair on Saturday.

Freeking UPS 😡

kristokn

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I pre-ordered at 5am on 9/13, delivery was set today. Two phones, and another package that required adult signature were out for delivery this morning. The phones had a 3pm arrival estimate, 10:15a-11:15a for the other package.

I'm in an apartment building on the 5th flloor and stayed home from work expecting to receive my packages and sign for them. Instead, the driver leaves a Delivery Attempted sticker on my mailbox downstairs in the lobby @ 10:19am and did not even attempt to deliver to my door.

UPS now has rescheduled for delivery on Monday, where the same issue will most likely happen again. Logging in and entering the InfoNotice # left on my mailbox did not work earlier today, however, I am now able to pay $6.50 per package to re-route them to a local UPS Store, which I've done as that is the only option that will most likely succeed.

compwiz1202

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2010
I had the same deal with mine with last minute disappointment, but it was Apple with there last minute In Store Pickup order delayed :(

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Wait a second. the apple store is next to the apple store? Why not just have it send to the apple store?

Anyhow enjoy your new phone

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
I pre-ordered at 5am on 9/13, delivery was set today. Two phones, and another package that required adult signature were out for delivery this morning. The phones had a 3pm arrival estimate, 10:15a-11:15a for the other package.

I'm in an apartment building on the 5th flloor and stayed home from work expecting to receive my packages and sign for them. Instead, the driver leaves a Delivery Attempted sticker on my mailbox downstairs in the lobby @ 10:19am and did not even attempt to deliver to my door.

UPS now has rescheduled for delivery on Monday, where the same issue will most likely happen again. Logging in and entering the InfoNotice # left on my mailbox did not work earlier today, however, I am now able to pay $6.50 per package to re-route them to a local UPS Store, which I've done as that is the only option that will most likely succeed.
He probably doesn't want to stay late tonight so he's just speeding up his orders by leaving those notes and not attempting to knock or what not. Sorry, so frustrating.

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Friday, 9/13 @ 5 AM Pacific, I launch the Apple Store App from my phone, where I had previously gotten pre approved for the IUP upgrades for both my wife's and my phone. At 5 AM I went in, completed the order, selecting Apple Store pick up as the delivery method. Great! For the second phone, Apple Store delivery wasn't available so I selected standard shipping, to my home.

I contacted Apple to see if I could either have both delivered to my home or both picked up at the store. No dice. They said I could cancel one order (the in store pick up was the logical choice) and place another order. By now, the shipping times had slipped until next week. They also suggested I could have UPS hold my phone and not attempt delivery. There is a UPS Store right across from the Apple Store near me so I thought this would be a good choice. Of course I had to wait until Thursday, 9/19 when the phone showed up as shipped to make any changes. On 9/19 I made the change.

Today, 9/20 rolls around and I head out to the Apple Store in the morning to pick up iPhone #1. No problems. I even traded in two old iPads and got a new Series 5 watch for my wife. I ran some errands, had lunch with my wife, gave her the watch and headed back to the UPS Store. It said by 3:00 PM for delivery, up until about 1:15 PM, when it said "Update!" and nothing more. I went into the UPS Store and let them know I was expecting a package and they said it wasn't there. They didn't have any info about the "Update!" message but suggested I call UPS Customer Service, so I did. When I went to track the package the automated service said the package was refused. REFUSED?!?!?! I went back into the store and let them know what customer service said, they asked if the package was from Apple and I said it was. They told me "UPS can't accept Apple packages in the store." What....? Did I hear that right? UPS, who shipped the package, gave me the option for the package to be routed to the UPS Store (the shipping hub wasn't an option) but didn't deliver it there. I'm still shaking my head.

Did I mention the Apple Store is near the UPS Store? I went back across the street to the Mall where the Apple Store was, got in line and got a new phone. Had I know it would have been that easy I probably wouldn't have ordered the 2nd phone when shipping to home was my only option.

Oh, my other problem with UPS and Apple came a few months back when the new AirPods came out. I ordered them and had them shipped to my home. I knew a signature wasn't required and wasn't home. I live a great neighborhood but the UPS driver decided, on a Friday, not to deliver the AirPods. I was home about 20 minutes after they attempted delivery, at like 3:30 in the afternoon and I immediately called UPS, explained the situation and asked if the driver could reattempt delivery. They told me the driver refused to come back to my house. In that situation, I cancelled that order, had them AirPods shipped back to Apple and went to the store to pick out a pair on Saturday.

Freeking UPS 😡
UPS Store are franchises and not part of UPS.