So many problems with MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PenrynMBP, Mar 6, 2008.

1. PenrynMBP macrumors member

so I got my new Macbook Pro last week, played around with it and its really good. I just run in to a bunch of problems... like when I try to play videos from the www.wwe.com website, it doesn't show eventhough I have the plugins it told me to download.
    Also, when I want to open flash .swf files, it ends up opening the whole Flash program instead of just the .swf. Also when I want to open a .html file I created in dreamweaver, it ends up opening the whole dreamweaver editing program instead of the actual webpage. So I would have to right click > open in FireFox or whatever. Its annoying. How do I fix this stuff?

2. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

3. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

This will allow you to play SWF files: http://mac.eltima.com/freeflashplayer.html and it's free.

For your .html files, you need to Right-click on one, Get Info and change the default application associated with them from Dreamweaver to Safari or Firefox.

for video files, just do yourself a favour and download and install the latest drivers from divx. They'll make most formats possible. But don't pay for divx, just download the free bundle, you don't want the player, just the drivers.

Good luck.

4. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

5. Plzen macrumors newbie

He's obviously got flash. All he needs to do is the same thing vanmacguy suggested for the html-filetype with swf-files.

6. AaronRC macrumors member

7. PenrynMBP thread starter macrumors member

OH MYG OD THANKS A LOT GUYS!
    this is MUCH BETTER. I didn't know it was under GET INFO. Sorry i am a new mac user switched from PC.

8. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

No problem. That's what this forum is for.

Welcome to the Mac world.

Cheers.

9. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

You also posted this in the wrong forum.

...just sayin..:)