So many problems!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lok3sh, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Lok3sh macrumors newbie

Why is my iPod touch not working right??? Every DAY I run into a new problem or another!!
    For starters, my play count is not working right... Ok so I have a 64gb touch with the latest firmware on it... And so I play so many songs on my iPod while walking around or whatever, bit when I plug my iPod into iTunes, it shows zero times played!!!! But if I play the song THROUGH iTunes then it works!!

Second, when I rate a song on my iPod, again his does not show up when I plug it into iTunes! Only stays permanent if I rate the so g THROUGH iTunes!

THIRD when i have headphones plugged in and I lower the volume, it shows me the volume being lowered and it says headphones in brackets... Whn i pull the headphones out, the external speaker volume has also changed!!! If I remeber right on my 8gb touch both those two had independant volumes!!!!

So are these things just me or all other touh users too??? Because it's just totally pissing me off :(

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are the music on your ipod set to sync or manually manage? The rating and play count will only copy back to the computer if you have it set to sync.

For me, the volume control sometimes works independently and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not very bothered by it, I just change the volume manually when that happens.

3. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

On my iPhone and my iPods the play count's never synced back. Ratings do though - no idea why I'm afraid.

4. Lok3sh thread starter macrumors newbie

I manually manage my music, but i don't want the play count to sync with the coputer songs... I dont care about that... but when i click on my ipod, and go to my songs that are on the ipod, the play count THERE is still not the same as the number of times ive played the songs!! the play count always worked on ALL my other ipods :mad: even my archaic brickpod phat 20gb

and my volume control used to always work seperately on the 8gb touch... but its not doing it anymore on the 64gb :confused: and the annoying thig is i sometimes play games with full volume on the touch, and later i connect headphones and dont remember that the volume is now on full because the fricking volumes are now the same, and my ears die when i turn on music :mad:

do you have your music set to sync? or manual?

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

6. Lok3sh thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a playlist that plays songs by play count so i can actually listen to fresh music as much as i can... so yeah it does matter to me... and even if it does not! paid so much for the damn ipod and it wont work right :mad:

7. Lok3sh thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i noticed something...

basically i have my ipod to sync my apps and photos... but this is not automatic... i have to plug in my ipod and hit sync...

also i have my music to manage manually...

now what seems to be happening is that i play music all day long on my ipod, plug it into itunes and when i look at the play count, its not really reflecting the days music playback.

now i hit sync... surprise my play counts are now looking accurate for my day's worth of music listening.

so now heres a question. is there a way for the ipod to automatically sync when i plug it into itunes? i dont want to sync music with my itunes library. i just want the ipod to do what it does when i HIT sync, but just automatically. is this possible?

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

IIRC, there's a box to check on the first tab of iTunes if you want to Sync automatically when device is attached. (I don't.) You can't see it until you plug in and click on the Device in the left column.

9. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

check the boxes, it should allow you to auto sync.

10. Lok3sh thread starter macrumors newbie

this option is greyed out if I have the manually manage music option selected. And I want to manually manage my music, but auto sync just the play counts and photos and whatever... I guess this is not possible... awesome... guess i just have to live with this thing as it is...

and as far as the volume problem goes, I have noticed that when you are in the song mode, it actually has two seperate volumes for the speaker and the headphones seperately. Its just that when you are in the home screen with the headphones in, and change the volume, this does not really affect any volume at all...(assuming u are not currently playing a song...) thats just a complete bullsh*t adjustment that seems to do nothing. Cuz if you immediately go to song mode after completely turning the volume to totally off in the home screen and play a song, it plays with the last volume u used while playing a song... so its wierd... i wish it would just work right :(