So much hate .... iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byke, Oct 16, 2011.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

(I am rather annoyed so please excuse my rant)

We pretty much are an apple family in our household ..... but I must say I am ready to throw the iMac out the window.

We have 4 iOS devices using the same account (my ipad 2, my iphone 4, wifes ipad 2, wifes iphone 4) all being backed up to the same computer and all devices have specific individual apps and settings .... but no matter how many times I do a backup, damn thing seems to keep changing the settings or amount of apps on each device ..... This isn't an iCloud issue either ...

Plain and simple, it would appear that backing up more than 1 device to the doesnt allow individual settings for each device without making unauthorized changes .

Really hate :apple: right now .....

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Could you try to just start fresh without using iTunes and utilize iCloud instead for each device? It may help. Also just disable app syncing with the iTunes program and only have it backup on iCloud. Hopefully this could solve your problem. I do agree though. I know two people who share a computer and they have the same problem as you with the apps syncing over two different devices.

3. MadGoat, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

So... You're backing up multiple devices for different users under 1 user profile on your computer?

That's not something I'd advise. I would recommend each user have a separate user account in which to sync their devices.

4. blue43fan macrumors regular

My iTunes library has two iPhones and two iPads all synced up perfectly. Perhaps it's some kind of settings issue.

Not necessary.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Use Itunes

With 4 devices, each with it's own settings, apps etc, works fine.

6. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

I have one itunes, and one itunes account, on a Snow Leopard mac mini.
    I have two devices, an iphone and an ipod touch each with , each with different icloud account, but the same itune/store account.
    All syncs fine.