So much less painful than any Windows upgrade, evar!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DustinT, Jul 20, 2011.

1. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

So much less painful than any Windows upgrade, evar!

I've been a Windows user since 3.0 and this is by far the easiest upgrade I've been through. Wow!

2. PaulWog Suspended

Another *let's bash Windows instead of complementing Apple* thread.

Wonderful.

How intellectual.

3. DustinT thread starter macrumors 68000

DustinT

Shall I rename this thread, Apple is better at system updates than Microsoft? Lol, the point is that Apple got it right. I thought that was clear from the thread title. Sorry if it wasn't!

4. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

If it deserves to be bashed, so be it.

I agree with the OP. I've done countless Windows installs before switching to Mac (and still run Windows on a custom box). Being a Windows-install veteran, I deserve to be able to say that Windows installs are far more cringe-inducing than anything I've had to go through on Mac. I wish for a world without Windows if only so that no one else would have to be put through that miserable experience of an OS.

Call me a stupid fanboy, but I just like great products and products that "just work".

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

6. reese637, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

reese637 macrumors newbie

reese637

I wouldn't look at it as bashing windows, I see it more as a comparison of ease-of-install between windows and mac and would have to agree with Dustin tremendously. Saying, "Windows sucks because it's hard to download", is an example of bashing.

Dustin, glad your download was easy :)
    Enjoy Lion

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

The OP actually has a point though. Windows upgrades are usually always terrible.

8. DustinT thread starter macrumors 68000

DustinT

I've had some OS upgrades that went quite well and some that were complete disasters. But I've never had one where I downloaded the OS (legally), rebooted once and was done in under 15 minutes. Oh, and not to mention all my applications, documents, desktop wallpaper and other tweaks were all in place. Really seamless and worthy of imitation by anyone making an OS.

Another plus is that the Apple servers were up to the demand. And the OS seems to be working perfectly for the vast majority of users. Considering the complexity, I'm surprised we haven't heard about more problems.