So much lint.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeeJee, Feb 22, 2014.

1. BeeJee, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014

BeeJee macrumors 6502

This brings me back to tenth grade, I bought a white 3GS the first few days it was out, within a day there was a piece of lint! Now my 5 has a bad seal and the screen actually pops up a little, which has resulted in a ton of lint. Difficult to capture on picture but it is there. I'm replacing the sticker and glass soon though. Anybody else have lint problems on the newer generations?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Your picture shows nothing. Maybe a bit more light? I've never had any lint under the screen on my iPhones.

3. BeeJee thread starter macrumors 6502

You can sure see it now

4. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Nope no lint problems here. You do know that you can not just replace the glass.

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

None of my iphones (3gs,4s, 5,5s) have had any lint under the screen

6. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

It's extremely unlikely (virtually impossible) for lint to get between the glass (digitizer) and the screen, unless it happened at the factory. Those two components are fused. The popping up of the screen could be the actual digitizer/screen unit popping up from the body, but the only place lint could go is into the phone, not under the glass.

Did you say that you had a screen protector? That could be the culprit.

7. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Is it between the glass and a screen protector or the glass and the LCD? If its the latter and the iPhone is under warranty Apple will replace either the display assembly or the entire iPhone.

8. BeeJee thread starter macrumors 6502

The fusing you're talking about is a sticker and the seal has failed. I can actually lift the glass part up off of the lcd with a suction cup now.

9. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

Well... I'm just plain wrong then. I'm genuinely surprised that it would come apart. Sounds like a warranty claim is in order.

I'm curious if this is an aftermarket screen. I saw a post a while back where a guy bought a new iP5, (could have been a reman, I can't remember) and was having screen issues. After visiting the genius bar, it was revealed that the screen had been replaced with one of those cheap crappy aftermarket replacement screens... needless to say he got a new phone.

10. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I never had any lint/dust problems with any of my phones (knocking on wood). The only device I remember having this problem with is my HP 11C calculator, which I still use over 25 years :)eek:) later.